Fujitsu has launched its STYLISTIC V535R Retail Tablet, the latest addition to Fujitsu’s tablet offering portfolio, designed to withstand a demanding retail environment, delivering improved customer service and boosted staff productivity.
Unlike consumer tablets, the device is claimed to be specifically designed for the fast-paced retail environment and can withstand drops, scratches and continued on-the-go use. This extra proofing against damage enables staff to be more mobile in store; spending more time on the shop floor taking payments, interacting with customers and staff – and less time on a back-office workstation – which results in improved levels of customer service.
The STYLISTIC V535R can turn into a fully-functional transactional terminal, taking credit and debit payments, and enabling customers to make purchases at any point in the store. The tablet integrates easily with existing store IT infrastructure and is capable of running many of the same applications associated with traditional Point of Service (PoS) terminals. This protects a retailer’s investment in application development and provides a familiar interface to store staff – therefore reducing training costs.
The STYLISTIC V535R with its 8.3in display is a ruggedised tablet, specifically designed to operate within the retail environment with the ability to seamlessly integrate with existing store systems and run established applications. The tablet incorporates a quad-core Intel processor to deliver high performance with a battery that can last a whole shift.
As a fully-fledged PC, the tablet is also easily managed by existing enterprise tools, reducing the cost of deployment and ongoing support.
The STYLISTIC V535R tablet, when deployed with omni-channel software such as Fujitsu’s Market Place, is will create the following benefits for retailers and their customers:
- The tablet’s rugged case can endure the hostile retail environment and withstand a 1m drop – or 1.8m drop with additional MIL-STD-810G drop-case
- Queue-busting for customers who have selected goods and are waiting in line at a traditional pay-point
- Provides the option to reserve items or select goods instantly from a company web-site that are not normally held in store. These can then be delivered to the store, or an alternate location
- Speed in processing returns or exchanges
- Provides the option to save the sale against a competitive store or internet site by offering instant discounts (using pre-defined business rules)
- Frees staff to move out onto the sales floor and into the aisles with their customers
“At Fujitsu we understand that in this increasingly digital-first age, when it comes to retail, expectations from consumers are now considerably higher. Consumers’ increasingly expect exceptional service across all channels, and when in store, expect store staff knowledgeable about product details, stock availability, complementary items and to offer personalised promotions aligned to them,” said Rupal Karia, managing director of retail and hospitality in UK & Ireland at Fujitsu.
“In order to meet these expectations and deliver an exemplary level of customer service, retailers need to equip staff with the right technology that will give them access to this information at any given point in the store. Equipping staff with our STYLISTIC V535R tablet allows retailers to interact with POS and back-end support systems, to offer a range of information to prospective customers, thus improving service.”