Aldi has today announced enhanced pay for its amazing colleagues, who have been working tirelessly throughout this extremely busy time. Store and distribution colleagues will receive a 10% bonus on hours worked, effective from 9 March 2020.
It has also announced dedicated shopping times for Emergency Workers and increased support for small suppliers.
- Aldi will open between 9.30am-10.00am on Sundays* solely for key workers in the NHS, Police and Fire Service. Eligible customers will be able to take priority at checkouts when they open at 10am. Entry to Aldi stores between 9.30am – 10.00am* will be with relevant ID only.
*8.30am-9.00am in Scotland
· As part of its ongoing support for small suppliers, Aldi has today announced it will reduce payment terms so that any supplier with a turnover of less than £1m will now be paid immediately. This will benefit over 1,000 Aldi suppliers.
Previous steps Aldi has taken include:
· Aldi has made a number of financial commitments to key partners, including Neighbourly, which distributes surplus food and other donations to those in need, Teenage Cancer Trust, and Age UK
· All nappies and paper products (ie. toilet/kitchen roll) are restricted to two items per customer. All other products will remain restricted to four items per customer, with the exception of non-food Specialbuys, Easter products and fresh flowers which have no restrictions
· All stores’ opening hours have been shortened slightly to close at 8pm, instead of 10pm, to give our colleagues some additional rest and allow the stores to be restocked at their best every day