Baby specialist retailer Kiddicare has opened its largest baby superstore today (12 December 2012) at Lakeside Retail Park.
Kiddicare Lakeside is the retailer’s third regional destination superstore. It is located on a former Best Buy sites, acquired with parent company Morrisons earlier this year. The superstore, which occupies 50,000sq ft and stocks over 3,800 products, has created 167 local jobs.
CEO, Scott Weavers-Wright, said: “After the hugely successful launch of Kiddicare stores in Merry Hill and Nottingham it’s fantastic to launch Kiddicare Lakeside, bringing the wow Kiddicare experience to Thurrock. Expect truly world-class shopping – hi-tech retail theatre anchored with a great customer proposition: brilliant product range, unbeatable prices and outstanding customer service.”
Kiddicare Lakeside claims to offer a host of family-friendly features including:
- ‘Walk in the Park’ buggy test track
- A free dedicated event room for customers and the community
- Children’s play area
- Free and fast customer WiFi
- Touch-screen Browse & Order points
- Nursing Nest relaxed environment for quiet feeding and privacy
- Spacious and healthy Kiddicafé
- Baby Gift List, complimentary gift registry service
- V.i.B. (Very Important Baby) free personal shopping service
- Free car seat fitting and safety checking for all
- Pushchair servicing
- Mummy-and-me toilet facilities
- Try before you buy pushchair track
New technologies at the store include electronic shelf-edge labels for immediate multi-channel price changes; WiFi to allow customers to price-check as they browse and, to avoid customers queuing for free car seat fitting, a ‘virtual queue’ text message system alerts them when it’s their turn.
According to Kiddicare, at the heart of the new Lakeside store lies a real emphasis on community. Founder, Elaine Weavers-Wright, said: “We’ve designed the store as a social ‘hub’ – the Kiddicafé has big community tables and a play area so it’s the perfect place for mums and families to meet, drink great coffee, make new friends and share parenting tips. Our event room is dedicated to our customers and community. We’ll be hosting a number of events for mums.”