Boots UK is gearing up for its biggest ever Black Friday, expecting six times the average number of Boots dotcom orders per week.
There are around 600 promotions on boots.com and 60 big deals available on the website and in store between Thursday 21 November and Cyber Monday on 2 December. New deals will be launched daily, including 15% off fragrance and premium beauty, and up to half price off on seasonal gifts.
Boots colleagues in its Burton Warehouse will be joined by 135 new “cobots”. The collaborative robots will help carry orders between picking stations, cutting down on the distance the warehouse team have to walk, and will help deliver 3 million items to customers over Black Friday season. Colleagues in 300 Boots stores will also pick online orders in store to support with the increased number of orders during the busy trading period.
Trading highlights between 12am – 9am on Friday 29 November 2019:
· The busiest trading time on boots.com was between 8am and 9am.
· An average of 106 items were purchased per minute on boots.com.
· 18.3k orders were placed online boots.com
· In total, 57,049 items were ordered.
· Visits to boots.com totalled 497.9k sessions.
· Overall, the top three selling items on boots.com were:
1. Paco Rabanne 1 Million for Men Eau De Toilette 100ml (was £68, now £39.90)
2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million for Women Eau De Parfum 50ml (was £64, now £37.50)
3. Ted Baker Suite Harmony (was £50, now £25)
· The top three selling items on boots.com (based on value) were:
1. Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device for body face and precision areas bri953/00 (was £475, now £269)
2. Paco Rabanne 1 million for Men Eau de Toilette, 100ml (was £68, now £39.90)
3. Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Gift Edition (£299.99)
· Over 21k orders were packed at our Burton Warehouse.
Seb James, senior vice president and managing director of Boots UK, said: “Black Friday is fast becoming Black Fri-week, with UK retailers running 1-2 weeks of discounts rather than one single day – and Boots is no different. With almost 600 promotions on boots.com alone, Boots is offering bigger and better value than ever before. The incredible teams from our distribution centres, stores and support office are working around the clock to deliver a brilliant customer experience both online and in store, and we are absolutely thrilled with the results so far.”
Boots.com is the largest health and beauty website in the UK. With 90% of the UK living within a 10 min drive of a Boots store, 70% of customers who order on boots.com choose to collect their order in store.