With Black Friday 2016 firmly underway, Carphone Warehouse is reporting its highest ever number of orders made via mobile phone, with the channel now making up nearly half of all online orders, signifying a shift in the way customers shop on Black Friday.
Early bird shoppers have already made the most of the Black Friday deals, as Carphone Warehouse saw its traffic peak between 8am and 9am this morning, this follows some late-night owl browsing, which saw traffic peak between 9pm and 10pm. This morning alone, there has been a 230% increase on orders compared to the same time yesterday and 483% compared to the same time last week as shoppers flock to the retailer to make use of its deals.
Since the new wave of fresh Black Friday deals went live at 8pm last night, Carphone Warehouse has seen the iPhone 7, Samsung S7 and iPhone 6s fly off its virtual shelves, with black recorded as the most popular colour with iPhone 7 and rose gold with iPhone 6s customers, whilst Samsung customers preferred the silver titanium – exclusive to Carphone Warehouse.
Key deal items proving popular with customers outside of mobile phones, includes the latest VR devices and Samsung’s Gear 360. In fact, virtual reality is one of Carphone Warehouse’s top Black Friday categories, making up the top five products outside of mobile phones, with orders up 300% compared to last week.
The retailer is expecting more than 1million visitors in-store and over 5million online over its 10-day Black Tag period, with the peak set to be today.
Carphone Warehouse’s top Black Friday deals include:
- New deals just live:
o Get the Samsung Galaxy J3 from £13.50 a month on iD Mobile with free Beats by Dr Dre EP On-Ear headphones, representing a saving of £89.95
o Great SIM-only deal with Vodafone for a Multi SIM 4G card with 20GB data and EU roaming at £22.20 a month, coming with a £50 Currys PC World Gift Card
- A saving of £100 on the Sony XA at no upfront cost for £11.50 a month on iD Mobile. Shoppers can also pick up iD’s SIM Only deals on its ShockProof plan gaining extra data.
- Get the latest iPhone 7 (32GB) available for £79.99 up front at just £33.49 a month on EE or get theiPhone SE at £59.99 upfront at just £19 a month on Vodafone.
- Amazing savings on SIM-free handsets – The iPhone 7 has also been reduced by £20 on the 32GB, 128GB and 256GB SIM-free handsets.
- Save £200 on the Samsung S7, for no upfront fee at £24 a month. Save £200 on the iPhone 6s (32GB), available for £59.99 at £28 per month. This is alongside the Sony XZ, which will be offered at no up-front cost for just £28 per month.
- Save £70 on the brand-new Pixel Phone by Google (32GB), or save £100 on the best seller Samsung S7 Edge on the SIM Free pricing.
- Continued introductory offer on the Samsung Gear 360 – now £249.99, a saving of £100.