With awards season in full swing, and with romance firmly in the air, the UK’s most innovative chocolatier, Paul A Young, has harmonised the two in a 12-piece Valentine’s Day chocolate collection that’s inspired by the warm feelings we get from the most iconic romantic movies of the last 120 years.
Perfect to share with your loved one whilst reminiscing or rediscovering your favourite romantic movies, Paul suggests a cosy movie marathon this February for the ultimate chocolate lover’s night in.
The true romantics of the collection include Cherry, Vanilla and Rose, inspired by 1920’s Greta Garbo, made from Guittard 35% Soie Blanche ganache combined with Morello cherry puree, amaretto, vanilla and rose. Signifying passion, there’s also the Fiery Raspberry Bellini, inspired by 1950’s Marilyn Monroe, which fuses a raspberry reduction with 62% Guittard Eureka Works and champagne, and spiced with cayenne pepper for a final kick. The Audrey brings to life the classic breakfast combination of Coffee and Croissant and is sprayed blue to pay homage to Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Paul’s flair for harmonising unusual flavours with chocolate is especially apparent in this collection, with his Corndog with Honey Mustard
Chocolate paying homage to Sandy and Danny and their much-loved funfair scene in Grease. Made from a unique honey mustard milk chocolate ganache, ‘hot dog’ flavoured 75% Firetree Papua New Guinea ganache and white chocolate cornbread ganache, it’s a salty sweet delight that’s bound to surprise a loved one.
Finish the night in true cinematic style with Paul’s Pizza & Popcorn Movie Night truffle, which pairs a cheese ganache with a layer of tomato, oregano and olive oil ganache. The chocolate is then rolled in blended milk and 75% papua new guinea dark chocolates with sea salt and popcorn for an authentic taste of the cinema.
A collection full of blockbusters, a box of Paul A Young chocolates is sure to be a smash hit gift (or well deserved treat just for you!) this Valentine’s Day.
The full Valentine’s Collection includes:
- 1910s – Charlie – Sour Cream Hot Cakes and Maple Syrup
- 1920s – Greta – Cherry, Rose and Vanilla
- 1930s – Scarlett and Rhett – Peach and Bourbon cobbler
- 1940s – Laura and Alec –Tea and Malted Milk Biscuit
- 1950s – Marilyn – Fiery Raspberry Bellini
- 1960s – Audrey – Coffee and Croissant
- 1970s – Sandy and Danny – Corndog with Honey Mustard
- 1980s – Harry and Sally – Apple Pie with Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1990s – Vivian and Edward – Red Velvet Cake
- 2000s – Vianne and Roux –Xocoatyl: Mayan Spice and Honey
- 2010s – Oliver and Elio – Torta Della Nonna
- 2020s – Movie Night – Pizza and Popcorn Truffle