The Consumer Goods Forum has unveiled the line up for its 2011 London Global Food Safety Conference, 16-18 February 2011.
THe global panel of speakers includes:
• Barbara Kowalcyk, director of food safety, Centre for Foodborne Illness Research & Prevention, USA
• Peter Karim Ben Embarek, food safety & nutrition, World Health Organisation, Switzerland
• Michael McCain, CEO, Maple Leaf, Canada
• Mariam Al Yousuf, executive director, policy & regulation sector, Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority, Government of Abu Dhabi , UAE
• Tim Smith, chief executive, UK FSA the Food Standards Agency, UK
• Mike Taylor, deputy commissioner for Foods, FDA, USA
• Maria Palazzolo, CEO, GS1, Australia
• Carletta Ooton, chief quality officer, The Coca-Cola Company, USA
• Yutaka Arai, director of food industry policy division, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan
Government representatives from China, and other food safety experts from Australia, South Africa, France, Ukraine, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria will also be taking part.
This year’s programme will also explore some new approaches to managing food safety and will look at emerging food safety issues:
• Packaging and food safety
• Developing competency and motivating your workforce
• Shaping the future of food safety with new technologies
More than 600 experts from over 60 countries will gather for the occasion at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel.
Readers of Retail Times are invited to register for the 2011 London Global Food Safety Conference and see the programme and networking opportunities on offer.