Fashion clothing brand Lyle & Scott has launched a mobile optimised web site in partnership with BT’s retail specialist e-commerce division, BT Fresca.
The golden eagle brand was founded in the Scottish borders over 130 years ago and won the Drapers Young Fashion Brand of the Year in 2009.
Lyle & Scott picked BT Fresca to redesign, build and host, both its existing mobile and e-commerce web sites.
According to BT, the new design has a bold, striking look and feel, reflecting the brand and its commitment to an integrated approach to social media.
The BT Fresca team is also delivering online marketing services, including traffic analysis and e-mail campaigns.
BT said one of the main elements in the refresh was to ensure the continued success of Lyle & Scott’s mobile transactional site. This is designed to be suitable for all smart phones, rather than an app build for a specific mobile platform such as iPhone and Android.
This service allows customers to shop whenever and wherever they like while they are on the go. Pages are simple and uncluttered for quick and easy use on mobile browsers.
The mobile commerce site is a first for BT Fresca and the company believes m-commerce will be an important area for it in the future.
Will Dymott, head of eCommerce for Lyle & Scott, said: Our web site underlines Lyle & Scott’s commitment to develop new and exciting products and to make them available for our customers across multiple channels. FrescaCommerce is a perfect fit for what we want to achieve. Our online and social media capabilities help to increase sales and give customers a positive experience.”
Over the next 12 months, BT Fresca will be working with Lyle & Scott on plans to launch web sites in different languages to boost sales to customers in different countries.
BT Fresca managing director, Sarah Hughes, said: “Lyle & Scott has a very sophisticated online and social media strategy. It’s been exciting working with them and it’s marked a first for us with a move into mobile commerce that has proved to be extremely successful. We look forward to helping develop its web sites to make its ecommerce truly international.”
New features on the web site include:
- A direct link to Lyle & Scott’s blog and social media profiles where the company interacts with customers on a daily basis and offers space for feedback
- Each product has a rollover feature so customers can see the fit of the garment on the model
- A zoom tool allows customers to get a close up on all products
- Customers are able to “like” the item on Facebook, produce a Tweet for Twitter or share it on various social media platforms allowing customers to get their friends opinions on the garment
- All recently viewed items are collated at the bottom of the page so customers can easily see what they have already browsed as well as clicking through the range with the Next/Previous button
- The brand has an amazing heritage, which has now been made a feature on the web site
- Clear navigation throughout the web site adds to the user’s experience