Last night (Tuesday), more than 650 leading figures from food and grocery companies gathered at the annual IGD Awards in London, toasting the industry’s hard work, commitment and innovation during a year that has been full of challenges.
The winners of the IGD Awards were selected by some of the industry’s top people, including representatives from IGD and companies from across the food and grocery supply chain. The results were announced on 6th October at the awards ceremony, which was hosted by television personality Rachel Riley.
Commenting on the IGD Awards, Joanne Denney-Finch, IGD chief executive, said: “We’ve had some great submissions, demonstrating the leadership, innovation and excellence that our industry has to offer. There’s no doubt that we are operating in challenging times, yet the resilience and originality that members of this industry demonstrate is truly exceptional, from small start-ups to medium-sized companies to large international ones. Many congratulations to all of our finalists and winners.”
IGD is a research and training charity that helps the food and grocery industry to deliver the needs of the public.
Winners of the IGD Awards and sponsors
- Thatcher’s Cider won the IGD Business Transformation Award, sponsored by KPMG Boxwood
- United Biscuits won the IGD Consumer Insight Excellence Award, sponsored by General Mills
- PepsiCo UK won the IGD Digital Engagement Award, sponsored by Mindtree
- Coca-Cola Enterprises won the IGD E-commerce Award, sponsored by Mindtree
- HotHouse won the IGD Outstanding Small Business Award, sponsored by Morrisons
- Kellogg’s won the IGD Shopper Activation Excellence Award, sponsored by Savvy
- Eat 17 at SPAR won the IGD Innovative Store of the Year Award, sponsored by McCurrach
- SOMI Trailers won the IGD Supply Chain Excellence Award, sponsored by Kuehne + Nagel
- Central England Co-operative won the IGD Employability Award, sponsored by Mars
- Moy Park won the IGD John Sainsbury Learning & Development Award, sponsored by Sainsbury’s
- Victoria Russell of Charlie Bigham’s won the IGD Leading Edge Leading Light Award, sponsored by Premier Foods
- Wyke Farms won the IGD Sustainable Future Award, sponsored by Unilever
- Greggs won the IGD Health & Wellness Award, sponsored by Nestlé
- Cassandra Stavrou, Propercorn, won the IGD Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by The Co-operative
- Zameer Choudrey, Chief Executive Officer, Bestway Wholesale Group, won The Grocer Cup
- Michael Griffin, Chief Executive Officer, Wellness Foods and Richard Macdonald, Non-Executive Director, Moy Park Ltd, won the IGD Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Co-operative won the IGD President’s Cup