Food and drink expert, IGD, is hosting an Online Grocery Retailing event on 18 October 2011 – its second conference focusing on the online channel.
According to the IGD, the value of online grocery shopping is forecast to double by 2015 with sales set to reach £9.9bn – twice its value of £4.8bn at the end of 2010.
Sales online continue to grow at a faster rate than any other sector in the grocery market, with growth of 21.4% last year, it said.
Joanne Denney-Finch, chief executive, IGD, said: “The strong growth predicted for the online grocery channel presents an opportunity for companies of all sizes and types – retailers, manufacturers, local producers – to meet the needs of today’s multi-channel shopper.”
Last year’s inaugural Online Grocery Retailing conference is reported to have received rave reviews from delegates with 100% of those providing feedback saying they learnt something new. The thirst for knowledge remains strong and IGD said it will seek to satisfy this by bringing together leading retailers, manufacturers and market analysts from across the online grocery channel to share their experiences.
Among those lined up to present are:
- Clive West, operations director, new business, Asda
- Helen Bridgett, head of strategy insight and planning, The Co-operative
- Simon Hall, industry manager, retail, Google UK
- Ben Miller, head of shopper insight, IGD
- Jon Harvey, UK sales manager, Facebook
- Andy Houghton, customer director, e-commerce, Unilever
- Paul Gurnell, category & e-commerce controller, GSK Consumer Healthcare UK
- Jamie Trust, senior business analyst, IGD
- Greg Duce, category manager – Ryvita & online, The Jordans & Ryvita Company
- Stuart Heffernen, online strategy manager, Kerry Foods
- Taryn Mitchell, global customer development manager e-tailing, Reckitt Benckiser UK
- Andrew Kendall, marketing & buying director, Dairy Crest
- Barney Burgess, chief operating officer, grocery operations, Tesco.com
Retail Times readers can find more information on the event can be found here: http://www.igd.com/index.asp?id=1&fid=2&sid=1&tid=0&folid=0&cid=1991