Made with the beautifully scented grape alcohol extracted during the dealcoholisation process producing Mirabeau’s new lower alcohol rosé, Forever Summer, Mirabeau Rosé Gin stands out in the growing pink gin category. Inspired by the abundance of botanicals growing wild on their wine estate near Saint Tropez and living in an area steeped in the history of world-famous perfume trade, the Cronks set out on a new journey to create a truly unique and original gin. The result of many months of trials is this beautifully sophisticated, small batch, rosé infused gin to reset the benchmark for the pink gin category.
Unlike many of its counterparts, Mirabeau Rosé Gin is a true gin with juniper being a dominant component. The delicate signature flavours come from traditional distillation with no need for sugary additions. Mirabeau has used grape-spirit as its base, with its award-winning Classic Provence Rosé as an element in the distillate. Botanical ingredients, precious to any Grasse Perfumer, add further aromatic layers and delicious complexity. The result is a pale pink gin, with a unique style, bringing a burst of Riviera aromas to captivate the increasing numbers of gin lovers worldwide.
At the heart of the recipe is Mirabeau’s renowned commitment to quality and consistency. Just as you can’t make a great wine with average grapes, Jeany and Stephen see the quality of the botanicals and grape spirit as key to the success of Mirabeau’s Rosé Gin. Mirabeau sources its base botanicals from the best suppliers around the globe and this core is then enhanced by the judicious addition of accent plants unique to the Riviera. For these, Mirabeau work hand in hand with local growers and foragers to ensure the standards of quality and consistency are never compromised.
Mirabeau Rosé Gin is 100% naturally flavoured, gluten free and handcrafted in France. It’s launching exclusively with Waitrose & Partners on the 3rd February with a retail price of £35. A special Valentine’s offer will run until February 18th, pricing the gin at £30.
- Juniper – the backbone of any great gin. Common juniper, the staple of the gin industry, is found at higher elevations in the region and Mirabeau has used foraged Cade juniper, a strictly Mediterranean variety for some local flair
- Citrus – legend has it that the seed for the original Citron de Menton was smuggled by Adam from the garden of Eden. Looking down from the groves of La Maison du Citron (that supplies Mirabeau with peel and zest) towards the pretty shores of Menton, Jeany and Stephen are confident that they have sourced some really unique elements right on their doorstep
- Orris root – the dried root of iris Germanica or pallida is a key ingredient in the perfume industry adding tones described as tenaciously flowery. Local supply is recovering, and Mirabeau is delighted to be able to include such a precious ingredient in the blend.
- Angelica root – A cornerstone ingredient of many gins, this member of the celery family adds earthy tones once distilled. An ancient plant with many virtues it is also cultivated locally.
- Coriander seed – with its signature lemony notes, grows wild in climates as diverse as southern Europe and Asia.
- Rose petals, Lavender and Jasmine, three prime fragrance ingredients add a floral lift and taste of Provence:
- Organic Rosé de Mai (or Rosa Centifolia) brings an intensely pretty flavour.
- Lavender, the iconic plant of Provence, a pinch adds interest to the gin profile.
- Jasmine, with its powerful fragrance, is used as a tea in a suspended basket, to keep its flavour subtle and delicate.
- Bay, Thyme and Rosemary, three herbs that abound in our hills add the flavours of the garrigue that characterise many of our wines and local cuisine.
- Neutral Spirit – 100% from grapes. At over 96° it imparts a gentle, soft fruitiness to the finished gin. It’s also naturally gluten free.
- Mirabeau Classic Rosé – 13% of the base distillate, adding subtle red fruit and freshness to the finish
Tasting Notes: At its core Mirabeau Rosé Gin is a classic Dry Gin. Mirabeau has used a 100% grape-based neutral spirit which adds roundness and subtle fruitiness to the palate. The addition of some Mirabeau Classic Rosé gives luxurious texture to the finished Gin. Lemons and Coriander add layers of fresh citrus character. Orris and Angelica roots impart floral and earthy tones respectively. Rose Petals, Lavender and Jasmine are used sparingly to bring a variety of floral tones. Finally, Bay, Thyme and Rosemary add a finely balanced herbaceous character to the blend.
The various components bring a softness to a classic core, making this gin round enough to be sipped alone. Mirabeau suggests adding a dry vermouth for the perfect Martini or topping with your favourite tonic. Mirabeau has partnered with Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic to create the signature Mirabeau Rosé Gin and Tonic, garnished with a sprig of rosemary.