Castle MacLellan, maker of luxury pâtés in the Scottish Borders, has unveiled new packaging for its core range as part of a brand makeover with a fresh focus on the company’s local heritage.
The new design has been produced to emphasise the pâté company’s Scottish provenance and history, originating in a small deli in Kirkcudbright, South West Scotland, and the strong partnerships it has built with its local suppliers.
The brand’s website has also re-launched (http://www.castlemaclellan.
Claire Parker, product manager, said: “We are very pleased with the new look of our packaging and marketing material. Castle MacLellan has a great brand heritage and story to tell about its origins and development, which we feel is really important to share with our customers.
“We believe the new design will highlight our provenance and by showing our consumers exactly where our ingredients come from, they will know they are helping to support our suppliers who are small, independent businesses across Scotland.”
Castle MacLellan has been making pâtés in Dumfries and Galloway since 1982 and is dedicated to sourcing the best local ingredients from small companies rooted in Scottish heritage and provenance.
The core range is made with the finest ingredients including crab from Orkney Fisheries, duck from Rannoch Smokery and honey from John Mellis Honey in Dumfries and Galloway. The range features:
- Chicken Liver Pâté with Scottish heather honey – A smooth, rich and creamy chicken liver pâté enhanced with the sweetness of Scottish heather honey
- Oven Roasted Mushroom Pâté with garlic and thyme – A rich, creamy, oven roasted mushroom pâté made with full fat soft cheese and créme fraiche, and seasoned with a hint of garlic and thyme
- Rannoch Smoked Duck Pâté with Bramley apple jelly – A deliciously smooth duck liver pâté with pieces of Rannoch smoked duck, complimented with locally produced Bramley apple jelly and aromatic tarragon
- Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine with lemon juice and Galloway mustard – A luxurious blend of Orkney crab enriched with crème fraiche and enhanced with lemon juice and locally produced Galloway mustard
- Scottish Smoked Salmon Pâté with lemon juice and horseradish – This pâté is a blend of Scottish smoked and poached salmon, enriched with cream, lemon juice and horseradish
In addition to the core range and following excellent sales in 2012, Castle MacLellan’s delectable, premium pâtés festive collection will be available from November, priced from around £2.99.
The festive range comes in larger 170g packs designed to capture the hospitable and indulgent market during the festive season. The special, practical pack is designed to allow the pâté to be easily turned out onto a plate for slicing or as part of an elegant feast.