Oriendi is inviting shoppers to make a date with nature, with the UK launch of a brand new range of cooking sauces, marinades and pure, natural date molasses, which harness the flavour and goodness of fresh dates.
Dates have featured in Middle Eastern cooking for thousands of years either whole or as syrups in a wide variety of both sweet and savoury dishes. Today, dates are particularly valued for their nutritional qualities and as natural, healthier alternative to sugar.
Oriendi is aimed at adventurous consumers who like to try new flavours and experiment with their own cooking, while valuing the ease and convenience of prepared sauces.
The six-strong range includes:
- Oriendi Classic (400g): Wholesome date syrup that adds a sweet twist to all kinds of ordinary dishes. Perfect for mixing into sauces or pouring over pancakes, French toast or waffles and ice-cream. It contains no artificial preservatives or colouring
- Oriendi Chili & Garlic (350g): The perfect fusion of Middle and Far Eastern flavours. The sweetness of the dates complements the piquant flavours of the chili and garlic. It can be added to recipes, used as a marinade or seasoning for meat, poultry or seafood. Contains no artificial colourings
- Oriendi Grill (350g): Just in time for BBQ season, the fruity sweetness of the dates is designed to complement the smokiness of the BBQ. Can be used as a cooking ingredient, a marinade or seasoning. Contains no artificial colourings.
- Oriendi Sweet & Sour (400g): The dates make this a healthier, but delicious choice for a stir-fry, as a marinade or a zesty dip. Contains no artificial colourings.
- Oriendi Spicy (400g): Turn up the heat with Oriendi’s exclusive spice blend that combines with the rich dates to offer the perfect injection of heat and flavour to any dish. Can be used as a cooking ingredient, a marinade or seasoning. Contains no added colourings.
- Oriendi Light & Natural (400g): Made only with the juice of raw, natural dates this is a delicious alternative, natural sweetener containing 30% less sugar than white or brown sugar and 20% less sugar than honey, meaning it contains few calories too. It’s also packed full of essential nutrients. One tablespoon of Oriendi Light & Natural contains 80mg of potassium and 10mg of magnesium. It’s also a source of iron and calcium, plus free-radical consuming antioxidants. Use as a glaze, a sweetener, in place of sugar in recipes or in place of honey as a base for salad dressings
Oriendi marketing manager Etty Kolet says: “Dates are world famous for their flavour and health properties. Oriendi offers supermarkets, independent retailers, specialist delis, farm and health food stores the perfect opportunity to tap into the growing understanding of the nutritional benefits of dates with an authentic range of sauces and marinades that tap into the growing consumer trend for healthier products that fuse flavours from around the world.
“All the dates used in Oriendi are grown in the sunny climate of Israel and made using premium quality ingredients that complement the dates’ sweetness. We know that UK shoppers are continually looking for innovative new ingredients that also offer health benefits, but don’t compromise on flavour and Oriendi sauces and marinades offer just that.
Oriendi officially launches in the UK at the International Food & Drink Exhibition (IFE), which opens at London’s Excel exhibition centre on Sunday March 19 and runs until Wednesday March 22. You can find Oriendi on stand No S4215 where the team will be on hand to tell you more about its versatility and of course there will be a chef on hand cooking up samples for you to try.