Sheet-based laundry detergent, Dizolve, is launching in the UK next month (March 2012) following success in Canada and mainland Europe.
Dizolve’s non-bio sheets are described as a new, revolutionary way to wash laundry and will launch at the Ideal Home Show (16 March–1 April 2012).
According to the company, a real advantage for stockists is Dizolve takes up 480% less shelf space than ordinary laundry detergent, meaning less storage and sale space is needed in store.
Lawrence Boon, managing director, Dizolve, said: “The popularity of Dizolve has been astounding in Canada and France where it launched last year, and we’re expecting the same, positive response from UK consumers.
“The launch coincides with the hugely popular Ideal Home Show, which will really raise the product’s profile amongst the one quarter of a million visitors and get them talking about this latest laundry innovation. Combined with a national PR and marketing campaign and social media presence, Dizolve is going to be hitting households across the UK very soon to revolutionise the way we wash our clothes.”
According to the company, supplies of Dizolve have been snapped up by leading supermarkets and stock is available through Booker and other well-known wholesalers.
- £3.30 (12 sheets/washes)
- £6.00 (24 sheets/washes)
- £8.53 (36 sheets/washes)
Each pre-measured, concentrated sheet weighs 10g and is bio-degradable, completely dissolving during hot or cold washing cycles, claims the company.
Available in Fresh Linen or Lavender scents, Dizolve is said to be easy to use with no mess; easy to carry and store with minimal packaging; and the sheets and packing are eco-friendly. One sheet will wash a full load and can also be used for hand washes, said Dizolve.
Facts and figures:
- A Dizolve sheet weighs 10g – other leading brands recommend 40-60g of their product for a single wash
- Dizolve takes up 480% less shelf space and can even be stored in a kitchen drawer
- Dizolve is available in Fresh Linen or Lavender scents
- Dizolve sheets are bio-degradable
- One pack of Dizolve (36 sheets) weighs less than a small loaf of bread (400g)
- Dizolve is also on Facebook, www.facebook.com/dizolve, where free product samples can be requested