The shortlist for the 2015 FreeFrom Food Awards – celebrating the best in gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and all ‘freefrom’ foods – is now out.
From grain-free granolas and one-minute-freefrom-microwave breads, to mail-order wheatgrass shots, Bohemian Rhapsody Kent-crafted Pilsner, traditional meat pies or spicy lamb samosas, ‘freefrom’ manufacturers have been strutting their stuff at the judging sessions for this year’s awards with a truly amazing array of gluten, wheat, dairy, soya, nut, egg, corn and no-added-sugar offerings.
After two weeks of heavy-duty tasting and arguing the merits of raw chocolate truffles over Rosemary & Olive Oil Focacette, the FreeFrom Food Awards judges have chosen nearly 270 products to shortlist.
“With entries up by nearly 30% this year our 65 judges really had their work cut out,” said Michelle Berriedale-Johnson, director of the FreeFrom Awards who chairs the judging sessions. “But, with their usual expertise they managed to tease out the really exciting products that are currently pushing the boundaries of what you can successfully make ‘freefrom’.”
Here, in alphabetical order, are a few of the highlights:
- Amy’s KitchenGF Breakfast Sandwich
- Angelic Gluten FreeRosemary & Sea Salt Biscuits
- Booja BoojaChilled Chocolate Truffle Selection dairy and gluten free
- Coconut CollaborativeMango Snowconut Frozen Yoghurt
- Coconut MerchantCoconut Jam
- Genius GlutenFreegluten and dairy-free Pain au Chocolat
- Kirsty’sGluten-free and dairy-free Beef Lasagne with a Rich Bolognese Sauce
- Mummy Bakesgluten-free Italian Almond Biscotti
- PureBredgluten-free Pancake Mix in a bottle
- Quinola MothergrainBaby Swede and Parsnip
- Rhythm HealthCoconut & Pomegranate (Kefir One Shot Drink)
- Smart Eats & TreatsZa’tar Manakish (Yeast Free Flat Bread)
- Soft sagegluten-free Veggie Cheese Dough Balls
- The Paleo Foods CoBerry & Almond Grain-Free Granola
- Udi’s Gluten FreeParmesan & Garlic Bagel Chips
- Yee KwanMatcha Green Tea Ice Cream