Snap has partnered with Shopify, the major eCommerce platform, to build a seamless integration for Shopify merchants to buy and manage Snapchat ads directly from the Shopify interface.
Shopify merchants are often small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) — with busy days and deep familiarity with using Shopify to promote and grow their business. Today, Shopify is launching a new “Snapchat Ads App” within their interface — as Snapchat becomes only the third major player to offer a one-stop-shop to advertise from within Shopify.
- Buy Snapchat Ads through Shopify:
- Any Shopify merchant will now be able to create and manage basic Snapchat Story Ad campaigns directly from the “Snapchat Ads App” within Shopify’s self-serve buying interface.
- This gives merchants access to a streamlined Snapchat ad buying flow, catered to meet the core marketing needs of SMBs.
- At launch, this supports:
- Geographic (Country, Region, Metro)
- Demographic (Age and Gender)
- Interest-based (Snap Lifestyle Categories)
- Format: Story Ads — showcase your brand or product via a Discover tile (launched April 2018)
- Snap joins Facebook (Carousel Ads & Dynamic Ads) and Google (Search, YouTube etc.) as the third major platform to complete a direct self-serve advertising integration with Shopify.
- Availability will begin to roll out in the next few weeks.
- Sync your Product Catalog: merchants can now connect their Shopify store directly to Snapchat Ads Manager and seamlessly create ads from their product catalog. (Previously, advertisers had to manually export their catalogs into a file, and then upload in Snapchat Ads Manager.)