Spar UK adds new on-trend snacking lines to Daily Deli range

FacebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmailFacebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Spar UK is launching two new Daily Deli lines into the Spar brand lunchtime range, in a move to grow sales in the popular savoury snacking sector.

Spar Hard boiled eggs 100g (RRP £1) is a delicious, high protein snack that’s also great for sandwiches and salads.

Spar Chicken satay 55g (RRP £1.20) is an on the go snacking line, comprising mini chicken kebabs accompanied by a sweet chilli dip.

These two lines alone, available to retailers in June, are projected to deliver incremental wholesale sales of £300,000.

Susan Darbyshire, Spar UK brand director, said: “We know that on average, food-to-go shoppers visit a store two to three times per week and spend £411 per year.

“We also know that only 53% of chilled food bought at lunchtime is spent on sandwiches, wraps and subs, leaving a huge 47% of sales to be spent on items like savoury snacks.

“What’s more, snacking on the go and portion control are two major trends, so these new convenient, mini products from Spar brand are ideal for satisfying shoppers’ need for snacking and grazing.

“Spar’s increased range of Daily Deli products will now help satisfy shoppers’ daily lunchtime and food-to-go needs, better than ever” she said.

Available in Spar stores from 23 June 2016.