Tesco has cut the prices on all laptops and all adults’ clothing lines by 20% – the equivalent of the new rate of VAT.
The price cuts start today, Wednesday 26 January, and will be available in store and online at www.tesco.com. The laptops sale runs until stocks last and the clothing sale finishes on 1 February 2011.
Kari Daniels, Tesco’s non-food marketing director, said: “Tesco’s 20% off savings mean VAT-free shopping – whether that’s on luxuries like a fashionable jacket or lovely lingerie – or basics to make their lives easier such as laptops. We’ve got lots of bargains on a range of products – and customers can expect more from us in the coming weeks.”
Deals on laptops, netbooks and notebooks include:
- Dell 2GB 160GB 15.6in laptop at £263.20. Add Norton Internet Security plus a laptop bag for under £300
- Compaq netbooks from £175.20, was £219
- Samsung Galaxy TAB for only £359.20, was £449
Clothing deals include:
- A black floral print jersey dress at £12.80 from £16
- Women’s black trousers at £4 from £5
- Men’s hooded khaki jersey jacket £31.20 from £39
- Men’s shirts now £6.40 from £8