Tesco, Marks & Spencer and Hyatt Regency are among the winners of the second PETA Vegan Food Awards.
This year’s contest expanded to 20 categories. Winning products included:
- Best Dairy-Free Milk: Marks & Spencer doesn’t stop at soya – its non-dairy milk range also includes oat, rice and coconut milks
- Best Faux Fish: VBites Fish-Free Fish Fingers are said to be popular with adults and kids alike
- Best Vegan Burger: Fry’s Chicken-Style Burger is claimed to be irresistibly tasty and made from Fry’s secret family recipe
- Best Vegan Pasty: Linda McCartney Country Pie is packed with soya mince in rich onion gravy inside a light flaky pastry
- Best Vegan Pizza: Basilico wood-fired pizza is topped with fresh veggies and features melted dairy-free cheese
Other winners included: Best Egg-Free Mayonnaise – granoVita Mayola Original; Best Dairy-Free Cheese –Tesco Free From Soya Smoked; Best Vegan Noodles – YO! Sushi Vegetable Yakisoba; Best Vegan Menu – Hyatt Regency and Best Vegan Luxury Food Item – Hotel Chocolat Fruit and Nut Frenzy Giant Slab.
“PETA’s winners are the perfect example of how today’s businesses – from the finest hotels to the price-conscious supermarket – are meeting the demand for food that’s healthy, humane and eco-friendly,” said PETA’s Mimi Bekhechi. “With so many delicious products available at the click of a button and at the local grocery store, there has never been a better time to go vegan.”