Westfield has announced its latest spring/summer fashion project entitled Future Fashion, which will present a brand new way of experiencing the season’s trends through technology.
Live throughout March and April, the creative heroes three of the season’s most covetable trends – Denim, Floral and Future Modern. The mirror image aesthetic featured in the creative reflects the abstract way that fashion will be brought to life at Future Fashion, the immersive pop-up experience that culminates the campaign.
Future Fashion will be live for eight weeks and will sit across digital, social media, OOH and involves a press partnership with The Telegraph Group. The campaign is supported with:
- Future Fashion – a pop-up experience that presents the trends through technology
- Content Hub – a series of digital content that brings the trends to life
Future Fashion is a series of digital fashion experiences that will take visitors on a journey of the season’s trends through virtual reality and avatars.
- Virtual Reality: Using a world-first combination of Virtual Reality headsets with gesture tracking technology – which allows users to see their own hands within the virtual world –every user will have a unique experience, making them a director in their own conceptual fashion journey
- Fashion Avatars: The technology will recognise the users shape and represent them through a fashion avatar that celebrates each of the trends as they make sweeping shapes and movements across a large screen
- Edit Me: After being immersed in the virtual journey of the season’s key trends – denim, floral and future modern – visitors will then be able to digitally curate products that fit these trends and can be found in retailers within the centre. For the first time since its launch in 2014, Edit Me will also include menswear
- American Eagle Outfitters: A pop-up installation inviting customers to pick from the brand’s huge range of jeans and showcase an interactive Denim Diaries video wall, which uses social media channels to gather shopper generated posts using the #AEODenimDiaries tag to create live and interactive content
Westfield’s campaign hub and social channels will be home to engaging and exciting content throughout the campaign period including:
- What Denim Are you? Four denim styles are brought to life through faces made from denim. Revealed through stop motion films the faces appear to speak to camera about their style personality
- Low-Fi / Luxe Style Reports: A digital photographer and a fashion illustrator hit London’s streets to report on how people are styling themselves low-fi or luxe
- Grow Your SS15: Hyper lapse films showing the construction of three SS15 looks into floral sculptures
- Accessorising with Flowers: A step by step film tutorial showing hair stylists building a final look on how to accessorise hair with flowers
- Choose Your War Paint: A series of stop motion make up tutorials that animate the product from the page to the model to bring to life three key looks: Graphic swipe, 90s minimal, and Contouring
Myf Ryan, Westfield’s Marketing Director UK & Europe, comments: “The launch of the new season is such a prominent time for Westfield, our retailers and our customers. This spring/summer season we wanted to highlight the breadth of fashion offer available at our centres and not only hero the key trends of the season but to bring the trends to life through technology
With the evolution of Future Fashion we wanted to explore a more abstract way for our consumers to experience the season’s key trends.From research Westfield conducted, we know that shoppers are eager to explore new fashion technologies and are intrigued by new virtual ways to experience it – 52% would use Augmented Reality in a retail environment and 57% are tempted by Virtual Mirrors. This event will take our shoppers on an incredible virtual journey, which pushes the boundaries of fashion and technology.”