Margaux, Barolo, Pomerol…. all wines you’d expect to see on the finest wine lists. This season, Aldi will be making these and other top names available to shoppers at a fraction of the usual price tag as the supermarket refreshes its premium, online exclusive Classic Icons collection.
From a Châteauneuf-du-Pape to a Vintage Champagne, the collection of 29 stand-out wines range from just £5.49 to £24.99, making them up to 75% cheaper than competitor wines – most definitely a ‘Riesling’ to celebrate!
The new launch forms part of Aldi’s continued commitment to opening up the world of wine to its customers, with this Classic Icons range satisfying the growing demand from wine enthusiasts who are turning to Aldi’s website for their wine.
The stellar line-up includes wines from some of the most highly regarded regions and admired appellations. Wine lovers can treat themselves to classic Bordeaux Margaux and Pomerol wines or discover fine Burgundies such as Gevrey-Chambertin or Pouilly-Fuissé, alongside standout wines from the New World including Argentina and California.
There’s also cause for celebration for fans of Champagne. Shoppers will be able to enjoy a vintage 2012 version of Aldi’s hugely successful Veuve Monsigny champagne. 2012 is a year regarded as being one of the four great vintages of Champagne so far this century. With Aldi selling 1.9m bottles of bubbly last Christmas, this is sure to be a hit with sparkling wine lovers this festive season.
Sam Caporn, The Mistress of Wine, comments: “I am a huge fan of what I call ‘little luxuries’; by which I mean affordable, attainable treats and nothing for me encapsulates a ‘little luxury’ more than a delicious bottle of wine! From Champagne to Chablis and Pinot Noir to Pouilly-Fumé there is a bottle within this range to suit every palate and preference and any meal and moment. Just grab a corkscrew, relax and enjoy savouring a glass of something special.”
The full range will be available exclusivelyonline* this season, with shoppers able to get their hands on the first bottles available now, and launches staggered until December.
Champagne and Sparkling Wine
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne NV (£12.99, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne Rosé NV (£16.99, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne 2012 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Lyme Bay English Sparkling (£14.99, 75cl)
- Caves Road Margaret River Chardonnay 2018 (£8.99, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Baron Amarillo Rioja Blanco(£7.49, 75cl)
- Metz Road Californian Chardonnay 2018 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Albert Lucas Chablis Premier Cru 2018 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Ferdinand Mayr Austrian Gruner Veltliner 2019 (£6.99, 75cl)
- Domaine G Saumaize Pouilly-Fuissé 2019 (£16.99, 75cl)
- Léon Vatan Pouilly-Fumé 2019 (£14.99, 75cl)
- Léon Vatan Sancerre 2019 (£14.99, 75cl)
- Piesporter Goldtropfchen German Riesling Spatlese 2018 (£7.49, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie 2019 (£5.49, 75cl)
- Silandeiro Rias Baixas Albariño 2019 (£6.99, 75cl)
- Redwood Hills Single Vineyard Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2020 (£7.99, 75cl)
- Homelands South African Old Vine Chenin Blanc 2019 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Cocodrilo Argentinian Malbec 2019 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Château Chene Liége Pomerol 2016 (£19.99, 75cl)
- La Croix de Boyd Cantenac Margaux 2014 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Ca’ Solare Barolo 2016 (£13.99, 75cl)
- Coastal Series South African Pinotage 2018 (£6.99, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 2015 (£6.49, 75cl)
- Le Moulin Teyroud Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2018 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Pinot Vigilante Central Otago Pinot Noir 2019, (£9.99, 75cl)
- Berton Paddock Barossa Shiraz 2018 (£8.99, 75cl)
- Jean Lefort Gevrey-Chambertin 2019 (£24.99, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Rioja Gran Reserva 2012 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Corte Carista Amarone della Valpolicella 2017 (£13.99, 75cl)
- Canyon Springs Californian Cabernet Sauvignon (£9.99, 75cl)
*Some lines are available in store.