Amazon’s highly-anticipated annual shopping event, Prime Day, will start on the 16th July at midday BST and will run until midnight on the 17th July. Bigger than ever, Prime Day (and a half) will extend from 30 hours in 2017 to 36 hours this year, with more than one million deals exclusively for Prime members around the world. Members in the U.K., U.S., Spain, Mexico, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria and, new this year, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands and Luxembourg, can shop deals across TVs, smart home, kitchen, grocery, toys, furniture, fashion, appliances and more. Not a member yet? Anyone eligible can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.co.uk/primeday to participate in Prime Day.
“Prime members will enjoy a day and a half of epic deals, with 36 hours to shop more than one million deals across the globe,” said Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer. “New for this year, members can shop exclusive Prime Day Launches and enjoy surprise entertainment events unboxed from giant Smile boxes in major cities. More than 100 million paid Prime members around the world will find our best Prime Day celebration yet.”
New for 2018 – unboxing more than deals
Ahead of Prime Day itself, larger-than-life Amazon Smile boxes will make their way across land and sea for delivery to major cities around the world including New York, L.A., Tokyo, Milan and London, promising to ‘unbox’ exclusive entertainment experiences for Prime members and the general public.
In London, Amazon will host an entertainment extravaganza on Sunday 15th July – the eve of Prime Day. The U.K. ‘Unbox Prime Day’ event will bring together a series of unique experiences for all-ages to showcase the entertainment benefits of Amazon’s Prime membership, including Prime Reading, Prime Video and Prime Music.
The event will include a special family screening of Paddington 2, available to stream as part of Amazon’s Prime membership subscription from the 12th July; an intimate reading and Q&A with Ant Middleton on his Sunday Times best-selling book ‘First Man In: Leading from the Front’; and will culminate in an exclusive gig headlined by British music icons, Take That.
Tickets to the ‘Unbox Prime Day’ event will be available for free to both Prime and non-Prime members, with attendees registering at unboxprimeday.co.uk for a chance to secure a limited number of tickets on a first come, first served basis.
Prime Day launches
Also new for this year, well-known and emerging brands will launch exclusive new items and offers for a limited time on Amazon.co.uk in the lead up to and during Prime Day, before they launch anywhere else in the U.K.. Prime members will be the first to shop with early access Prime Day Launches that will top everyone’s wish list. Prime Day Launches in the U.K. include: the latest smart home technology, home entertainment, jewellery and big brand beauty products.
For the first time, Prime members will also be able to celebrate Prime Day at their local Whole Foods Market. Prime members will enjoy savings on a selection of the high-quality natural and organic products they love across all London stores on Prime Day.
Amazon’s voice assistant Alexa was the first to announce the news of Prime Day 2018. Just ask, “Alexa, when is Prime Day” for details on the deals event.
Deals start now
Every day leading up to Prime Day, members will discover all kinds of exclusive offers. The following start today:
- Prime Video – Prime members can get up to 50% off great movies and TV to rent or buy on Prime Video from 3rd to 17th July, including Spiderman Homecoming, Baywatch,Despicable Me 3, Handmaid’s Tale, Suits and Line of Duty.
- Prime Video Channels – From 3rd to 17th of July, Prime members can subscribe to some of their favourite TV channels and get 3 months subscription at no extra cost. With no contract needed, Prime members can subscribe to Discovery, Shudder, MGM and BFI Player and stream a range of popular TV shows and movies.
- Amazon Music – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs and hands free listening, for just 99p (usually £7.99 a month or £79 a year for Prime members).
- Twitch Prime – Members can enjoy hundreds of hours of free gameplay as Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through July 18, including titles like Pillars of Eternity and Brutal Legend. Members will also receive exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Kindle Unlimited – Eligible Prime members can get three months of unlimited reading for no extra cost with a Kindle Unlimited membership.
Prime Exclusive Deals of the Day will start from Monday 9th July with one new deal each day until Monday 16th July and Prime members should visit Amazon.co.uk/primeday at midday on the 16th of July for full details of deals available during the 36 hour shopping event.
The best ways to shop on Prime Day
Find out what tens of millions of Prime members globally who shopped during Prime Day 2017 discovered – this is the time to shop epic deals on Amazon, on top of already low prices. This year, Amazon is adding six more hours to shop and 40 percent more Spotlight Deals in the UK. Pro-tips on getting the most out of Prime Day include:
- Watch A Deal – The Amazon App allows early deal watching in every country. This is the easiest way to preview, track and shop those limited time lightning deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon App. Learn more at amazon.co.uk/watched.
- Explore Deals By Popular Interests – Find deals organised by the most-shopped-for interests. From TVs & Home Entertainment and Smart Home to Kids Corner, Video Games, Amazon Devices and more – discover deals that you’ll love even faster.
- Search Deals – Members can search Prime Day deals through the search box of the top of our site
Shop big with small and medium-sized businesses this Prime Day
Prime members from around the world can shop hundreds of thousands of deals this Prime Day from small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Handmade, Amazon Exclusives and more. On Prime Day 2017, customers ordered more than 40 million items from small and medium-sized businesses worldwide, and once again this year, these businesses are adding to the unsurpassed selection available every day on Amazon.