Amazon’s annual Prime Day event is back in time for the festive season, taking place on 13 and 14 October. The two-day shopping event delivers Prime members incredible savings and deep discounts on over one million deals globally across every category. Prime Day kicks off at 00.01am on Tuesday, 13 October and runs through to 23.59pm on Wednesday 14 October, for Prime members in the U.K, U.S., U.A.E, Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, and – participating for the first time this year – Turkey and Brazil. Members can shop deals and top products including toys, TVs, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home, and Amazon Devices, starting today and throughout the two-day epic deals event at amazon.co.uk/primeday. Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.co.uk/primeday to participate in Prime Day.
This has been a challenging year for many small businesses, but selling in Amazon’s stores has enabled hundreds of thousands of smaller companies around the world to sustain and even grow their businesses throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Amazon is increasing its commitment to small business by designing Prime Day to support them with our biggest small business promotion yet. This Prime Day, and throughout the festive season, Amazon will spend more than £75 million on promotional activities to help small businesses around the world increase their sales and reach new customers.
“After a tough six months for everyone, we’re committed to making this the most successful Prime Day ever for small businesses, and excited for members to discover the very best from artisans and entrepreneurs in the UK, whilst saving big on everything they need and love from the comfort of their homes.” Doug Gurr, Amazon UK Country Manager.
Support small businesses
There are many ways to discover products from small businesses now through Prime Day.
- Spend £10, Get £10: Starting today through to 12th October, Amazon will offer a £10 credit to use on Prime Day to Prime members who spend £10 on items sold by select UK small businesses in Amazon’s store. This promotion is fully funded by Amazon to connect customers with local innovators, artisans and entrepreneurs selling in its stores. Similar promotions kicked-off today in the U.S. Spain, Japan, Germany, Italy and France. Customers can find qualifying products at amazon.co.uk/supportsmall
- Prime Day Deals: Once Prime Day begins, members can use their £10 credit to purchase almost any product in Amazon’s store, including from small businesses. More than half of the items sold in Amazon’s store in the UK are from third-party sellers – mostly small and medium-sized businesses. This year, Prime members around the globe can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from these entrepreneurs.
- Curated Collections: To make it easier than ever for customers to support small businesses, Amazon has launched new curated collections to connect customers with local small businesses. Customers in the U.K., U.S., Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada and Australia will be able to shop curated small business collections in both the lead-up to and on Prime Day. Visit amazon.co.uk/supportsmall to start shopping.
Lavinia Davolio, founder, Lavolio Boutique Confectionery, London, UK, commented: “As a small business owner Prime Day is an extraordinary opportunity to reach many new customers, encouraging them to try our handmade confectionery for the first time. We simply don’t have enough space and people to pack all the boxes to fulfil the increased level of customer demand, so for peak moments like Amazon Prime Day, Christmas or Mother’s Day, Fulfilment by Amazon is pivotal and enables us to scale.”
Dr Scott MacDonald, managing director, Sandy Leaf Farm, London, UK, commented: “We’re excited to offer some amazing deals on our Sandy Leaf Farm DIY Food, Drink and Craft Kits this Prime Day, including our always popular Sandy Leaf Farm Gin Making and Infusing Kits. Amazon enables us to offer these prices as we don’t need to worry about the logistics of sending out all the orders ourselves. This year’s Prime Day will be a great way to gain exposure for our small business in the run up to Christmas.”
Tens of thousands of UK-based small and medium-sized businesses sell their products in Amazon’s stores across the world and Amazon provides practical support and services to help them grow. More than 60% of UK businesses selling on Amazon export to customers all over the world. In 2019 they achieved total export sales of more than £2.75bn and supported more than 85,000 job opportunities in the UK.
This year also saw the launch of the Amazon Small Business Accelerator with Enterprise Nation, the small business support network, to help 200,000 small businesses and start-ups across the UK respond to the impact of the pandemic and lockdown with new online learning, intensive week-long boot camps, and access to free services, credits, training and support.
Early Prime Day deals start now
Starting today, Prime members can shop early exclusive offers and deals every day leading up to Prime Day on 13th and 14th October.
- Amazon Devices – Starting today, save £99.60 and get the Amazon eero 3-pack for £149.40, offering a simple, reliable WiFi system for streaming, gaming, and working from home.
- Smart Home Security – Alsolive from 28th September are deals on smart home security, including the new compact indoor smart security camera Blink Mini for just £24.99, and save £60 on the Alexa-compatible Ring Spotlight Cam, now £139.
- Amazon Music – For just £0.99, Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier with unlimited access to more than 60 million songs ad-free, and now a wide selection of popular podcasts.
- Prime Video –Prime members can get up to 50% off great movies and TV shows to rent or buy through Prime Video from 28th September to 14th October (inclusive), including Yesterday, John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum and Downton Abbey. A selection of great movies are also available to rent from 2nd October to 8th October (inclusive) from as little as £1.99 including Dolittle, The Invisible Man, and Arkansas.
- Audible – Prime members can enjoy three months of Audible for free if they subscribe between the 27thSeptember and 28th October 2020. New Audible members only, deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members can enjoy three months of Kindle Unlimited for no additional charge if they subscribe between the 1st and 14th of October 2020. New Kindle Unlimited members only, deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Book Deals – Prime members who spend £15 on Kindle Books between 1st and 12th October 2020 will be entitled to a £5 Kindle Book credit to spend on any eligible Kindle Book within 30 days. Terms and conditions apply.
- Amazon First Reads – During October, Prime members can choose two Kindle Books available on Amazon First Reads for no additional charge.
- Amazon Fashion – Save up to 50% off select styles from Amazon Fashion brands, including Aurique, Iris & Lilly, find. and Truth & Fable.
- Amazon Brands – Save up to 20% off on select styles from Amazon brands, including home and electronic products from AmazonBasics, baby essentials from Mama Bear, health and personal care products from Solimo and snacks from Happy Belly.
- More Deals – Deals start early across all categories and include the Philips Series 5000 Trim-n-Flow PRO Technology Hair Clipper was £53.99, now £34.99, the Toshiba 800 w 20 L Microwave Oven was £66.11, now £55.99, the NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Genio S Automatic Coffee Machine, was £89.99, now £59.99. Current selling prices correct as of 24/09/20.
Ways to shop this Prime Day
Prime members have many convenient ways to shop and discover big savings and deep discounts this Prime Day.
· Amazon App: Prime members can shop anytime, anywhere with the Amazon App to ensure you never miss a Prime Day deal.
· Shop with Alexa: New Prime members can also get a £5 promotional reward when they sign up for Prime via Alexa on their Echo device by saying, “Alexa, sign me up for Prime,” from now until 12th October. Prime members can also discover deals by asking “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?”
· AmazonSmile: Customers can generate donations with their Prime Day shopping, at no extra cost to them, by visiting smile.amazon.co.uk. They will find the exact same Amazon experience – amazing deals, wide selection and fast and free delivery options – with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible purchases to the charity of their choice. AmazonSmile customers can shop AmazonSmile on the latest version of the Amazon app by opening the app and finding ‘Settings’ in the main menu (☰), tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on their phone.
· Treasure Truck: With Treasure Truck, customers can discover hand-selected product offers at amazing prices. They can opt-in by texting ‘TRUCK’ to 65018 and will receive SMS notifications whenever there’s something new to share. This Prime Day, those who act fast will find incredible limited-time deals on must-have items which could include anything from the latest electronics and trending kitchen gadgets to exclusive collectables (often with a great discount).
· Amazon Hub: Free for Prime members, customers also have the alternative, convenient option to pick up and return their Amazon packages through Amazon Hub a contactless, click and collect service.
· Rewards for Prime members on Amazon Platinum and Classic Mastercards: From 1 October to 25 October, when eligible Prime members apply and are approved for either the Amazon Platinum Mastercard or Amazon Classic Mastercard, a £30 Amazon Gift Card will automatically be added to their Amazon.co.uk gift card balance.