As university students old and new prepare to get to grips with the start of the academic year, Amazon is making the journey to further education easier and more affordable by offering students a six-month trial of Prime Student.
As part of their six-month trial, Prime Student members can enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of eligible items including Same-Day delivery in selected post-codes
- Unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- Access to more than two million songs and hundreds of ad-free Prime Playlists and Prime Stations with Prime Music
- Great student offers including discounts on selected textbooks, Amazon Echo, Fire TV Stick and much more as well as exclusive prize draws
New benefits making Prime Student even more of an essential this year include:
- Exclusive access to purchase tickets for Prime Live Events with major artists and premium seating and pre-sales for concerts and entertainment shows across the UK available on Amazon Tickets
- Unlimited reading from a rotating selection of books, magazines, comics and more with Prime Reading
- Discounted subscription to Twitch Prime, including exclusive gaming benefits for Prime Student members.
- Access to Cloud storage, for storing essays and keeping track of course materials
Following their six-month trial, Prime Student members can continue their membership for just £39 per year, less than half the cost of an annual Amazon Prime membership.
Prime Student members have access during their six-month trial to Amazon Prime Video, a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Offering thousands of movies and TV shows, Amazon Prime Video is the only place to see Amazon Original and Exclusives like Clarkson, Hammond and May’s The Grand Tour, American Gods, Sneaky Pete, plus much more. All these are available for unlimited streaming, or to download to watch at home or on the move. For more information, visit: www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo.
Through Prime Music, Prime Student members have access to over two million songs and hundreds of playlists during six-month trial. Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from artists like Adele, Coldplay, Zara Larsson, The Chainsmokers, Rag’n’Bone Man, Calvin Harris, Little Mix, Harry Styles and Shawn Mendes – more music is being added all the time. Prime members can make their own playlists or sit back and listen to hundreds of hand-built Prime Playlists and Prime Stations. They can also download songs from the Prime Music catalogue to their mobile devices for offline playback on planes, trains and anywhere they are without an internet connection.
In addition, exclusive offers currently available for Prime Student members include:
- Save up to 10% on thousands of textbooks
- Save up to up to 20% on Amazon Basics
- Save 5% on Oxford Campus stationery
- From September, save 10% on Amazon Fire TV Sticks and Amazon Echo dot
“Prime Student members love all the benefits of Prime Delivery, a student essential for getting hold of last minute textbooks and daily essentials, fast,” said Avais Chishti, senior manager, Prime Student. “Access to great entertainment including movies, TV shows and music always proves popular with our Prime Student members, with Twitch Prime set to be a hit with gamers this year, and new benefits including Prime Reading and Amazon Tickets making Prime Student a must have for the new term.”
To sign up, students need to follow the simple steps on Amazon.co.uk, providing their university e-mail address and completing the validation process. For more information and links to terms and conditions visit www.amazon.co.uk/joinstudent.