Amazon held its biggest small business promotion ever in the lead-up to Prime Day, and had hundreds of thousands of deals from small businesses available globally over the two-day event, with millions of UK customers buying from a small business during the lead up promotion and on Prime Day 2020.
The small businesses selling on Amazon shared their Prime Day success stories:
Samantha Riley, owner of Manta Makes, Bournemouth, UK: “Prime Day was extremely successful for our business. Our 2020 sales grew by over 300% compared to last year’s event. Our deals for Prime Day have shown to be successful especially mid-mornings, where we had an influx of orders. When we give reductions on events like this, we find it greatly increases our sales.”
Hazel Reynolds, founder of Gamely Games, Brighton, UK: “We sold more than 1,000 games in total on Day One of Prime Day – 10 times what we’d normally sell in a day in October.”
Tracey Hogarth, founder of Nudie Snacks, Glasgow, UK: “I can comfortably say Prime Day has been one of the best trading periods with Amazon this year. I look forward to the momentum continuing to build during the season ahead, to help us get through the upcoming challenges.”
William Johnson, co-founder of Torro Cases, Tyne and Wear, UK: “Prime Day is really good for our business as it massively increases the traffic to the Amazon website, which naturally increases the volume of eyes on TORRO products and provides a nice boost in sales prior to the high traffic gifting season.”
Erin Graybill, founder of Niré Beauty, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: “The Prime Day deals made a huge difference for us, our sales increased by 60% from last year! The event helped us a lot, 2020 has been an unexpected year for us all so we really appreciate the support of Amazon to reach more customers!”
UK Best sellers from Prime Day 2020:
We will share more results once Prime Day has wrapped globally. Until then we wanted to share some best-sellers from the UK:
· Top Categories from Selling Partners: The most purchased categories during Prime Day from third party selling partners in the UK, most of which are small and medium-sized businesses, include lighting, headphones, linens as well as arts, crafts and school supplies.
· Top Categories on Prime Day: The best-selling categories in the UK on Prime Day 2020 included hardware, spirits, small devices and skin care.
· Day One: The UK top-selling products for day one of Prime Day, excluding Amazon Devices, were the Celebrations Chocolate Bulk Box, the Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner and Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey.
· Day Two: The UK top-selling products for day two of Prime Day, excluding Amazon Devices, were the Oral-B Pro 3 3000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, the Celebrations Chocolate Bulk Box, and Southern Comfort Original.
· Consumer Electronics: Among the top-selling products from the consumer electronics category were the Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System, the Sony Srs-XB12 Compact and Portable Waterproof Wireless Speaker with Extra Bass, and the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.
· Beauty: Among the top-selling products from the beauty category were the Vera Wang Princess Eau De Toilette Fragrance for Women, the Garnier Tissue Mask Discovery Collection, and the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
· Pets: Among the top-selling products from the pets category were the Felix Mixed Selection Pouches in Jelly Cat Food, the Pedigree Dentastix Daily Dental Care Chews Dog Treats, and the ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser 30 Day Starter Kit.
· Grocery: Among the top-selling products from the grocery category were the Celebrations Chocolate Bulk Box, the Smiths Savoury Snacks Scampi and lemon Fries Pub Favourites Snacks (Pack of 24), and the Starbucks Nespresso Variety Pack.
· Home Improvement: Among the top-selling products from the home improvement category were the Command Large Picture Hanging Strips, the Bosch Cordless Combi Drill, and the tado° Smart Radiator Thermostat for Multi-Room Control.
· Kitchen: Among the top-selling products from the kitchen category were the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, the Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker and Air Fryer, and the Bosch CleverMixx MSM2610BGB Hand Blender.