Black Tower Eyes Health-Conscious Millennials With New Low-Alcohol Line
- With an RRP of £3.50-£4.00, the new 0.5% range comprises red, white, rosé and sparkling varietals.
- Reh Kendermann GmbH, the producers of Black Tower, is one of the two major players in Britain’s alcohol-free sector.
- The new range builds on the success of B by Black Tower 5.5% abv assortment, which saw (+18.5%) growth year on year in UK supermarkets in 2017 (Source: Kantar Worldpanel 52 w/e July 2017).
- Revenue in the Sparkling Wine segment amounts to £1,013m in 2018. The market is expected to grow annually by 15.7% (CAGR 2018-2021).
- Black Tower is the first wine brand to enter the low alcohol wine market with research showing that the familiarity and reliability of a known brand gives consumers confidence and hence offers a greater likelihood of success.
- Black Tower is also entering one of the most important growth areas of the market, answering consumer demand. This category has increased by £1.7m (Nielsen 52 weeks to 20/05/17).
- 20% of UK adults are teetotal, equating to 10.6 million people.
- Category growth is driven by female consumers and Millennials, Black Tower’s target audience
- Provides a diet-friendly alternative to alcohol over the festive season.
World famous German wine brand, Black Tower today announces it will expand its low alcohol offering in order to boost its appeal to health-conscious Millennials over the festive season. With an RRP of £3.50-4.00 and an ABV of 0.5%, the new range includes red, white, rosé and sparkling varietals. As the trend to lower alcohol consumption continues, the wine market is shrinking, highlighting the strategic and growing importance of low/no.
Black Tower Deliciously Light White has aromas of passion fruit and grape and is fresh and fruity to taste.
Black Tower Deliciously Light Rosé has aromas of blackberry and strawberry and is soft and refreshing to taste.
Black Tower Deliciously Light Red has aromas of blackcurrant and spices and is warm and smooth to taste.
Black Tower Deliciously Light Sparkling has aromas of peach and pear and is fruity and refreshing to taste.
Black Tower’s export sales director, Alison Fleming MW, says: “Consumers want to enjoy Christmas parties, family meals and New Year celebrations without jeopardising their diets and impacting their general health. In particular, our target audience – female and Millennial drinkers – wish to moderate their alcohol consumption. Attitudes have changed thanks to the taste and quality of low alcohol wines greatly improving with comparable alternatives to popular varieties now available. As a trusted brand, we are perfectly positioned to capitalise on this trend and broaden our offering.”