Bang Curry, the 100% natural spice packs that took the health food market by storm in 2016, has secured its first supermarket listing with Booths. From February, Bang Curry’s selection of spice packs and a brand-new recipe kit will be available in the international section of all 28 Booths stores.
The all natural spice packs were created to allow even the most novice of chefs to immerse themselves in a healthy and authentic Bangladeshi scratch cooking experience. Bang Curry handles the intimidating spice mix part of the curry making process, allowing the chef the time and confidence to get creative with the ingredients.
The scratch cooking element of Bang Curry is what made the health food market sit up and take notice this year. With listings in Whole Foods Market and As Nature Intended, as well online with Natures Healthbox, Bang Curry has become the go-to brand for a healthy curry experience.
Shelly Nuruzzaman, founder of Bang Curry, commented: “With my Bangladeshi heritage and my passion for cooking, it has always been my dream to create Bang Curry and encourage more people to cook healthy, authentic curries from scratch. We’re thrilled to be introducing a new audience to the brand through the Booths listing, and even more thrilled that it coincides with the launch of our brand-new recipe kit. We look forward to building on this success in 2017.”
There are six Bang Curry spice packs available, two of which are recommended for introducing curry to children. This has increased the brand’s appeal with the retailers, who are beginning to recognise that children should be enjoying the taste and health benefits of spices too:
- Khulna Korma: A mouth-watering mix originating from lively Khulna – creates a spicy flavour with a hint of sweetness, and is highly recommended for a child’s introduction to curry
- Warm Moghul: The complex flavours unravel deliciously with every mouthful, and it’s super mild, so always a winner with children
- Barishal Bang: Inspired by the coastal region of Barishal, this is a rich mix that works perfectly with King prawns and peppers
- Classic Bangla: This deeply layered, timeless classic is a guaranteed crowd pleaser
- Fiery Josht: From the bustling district of Dhaka, this old family recipe packs a powerful punch
- Shobji Veggie: Beautifully balanced with pockets of exploding aromatics, this mix turns a simple dish into something quite spectacular, especially when paired with cauliflower and carrots
Bang Curry’s first recipe kit will also be available In Booths – as with the spice packs, it is 100% natural, and works on the premise of minimal shopping and super-easy cooking. It is also gluten free and vegan:
- Bang Bhajis: Spicy and scrumptious, this recipe kit contains everything you need (bar an onion and fresh coriander) to create the ultimate Bangladeshi snack or accompaniment