Carluccio’s restaurant inspired dishes will soon be available exclusively in 300 Sainsbury’s stores nationwide from 26th January as the Italian multi-channel, multi-format brand founded by the late Antonio Carluccio launches a bespoke range of fresh ready meals including chilled pizzas, pastas and sauces.
The 16-strong fresh produce range uses authentic Italian recipes and ingredients, re-creating the brand’s dishes in a fresh and modern way. Six ready meal options including Beef and Chianti Lasagne for two, Roasted Mushroom Tagliatelle for one, plus an array of 12-inch pizzas from Margherita to Prosciutto Crudo & Mozzarella. In collaboration with Italian pasta brand Bertangi, the range also includes three fresh pasta variations; Ravioli, Mezzelune and Girasoli, and two stir-in sauce options.
Bringing a new ready meal packaging format to the market; the card tray in the new Carluccio’s range can easily be separated from the film liner for 100% recyclability, whilst the film weight delivers over 80% plastic reduction (compared to a normal cPET tray). Carluccio’s, alongside other brands within Boparan Restaurant Group, has been using green energy from renewable sources since 2019 and was recently certified as carbon neutral by Carbon Neutral Britain after offsetting all of their direct emissions.
Phil Neale, Marketing and Communications Director at Boparan Restaurant Group commented: “From listening to customers, we know people would like to access our brands more regularly as part of their eating-at-home occasions, and this brand new fresh range from Carluccio’s allows us to bring them high quality dishes inspired by our restaurants into their own home kitchens.”
India Moore, Meal Solutions Buyer at Sainsbury’s said: “We’re thrilled to be launching this range of Carluccio’s products as part of our Future Brands programme at Sainsbury’s. We know our customers are looking for inspirational, fresh and convenient meals to brighten up their meal times; this brand partnership is the perfect way to deliver that point of difference and we’re excited for them arrive in stores.”
Product list and launch prices (January 2022):
- Chicken Risotto | £4.00, serves 1. Gluten Free
- Chicken Parmigiana | £6.50, serves 2
- Slow Cooked Beef Pappardelle | £6.50, serves 2
- Beef and Chianti Lasagne | £6.50, serves 2
- Roasted Mushroom Tagliatelle | £4.00, serves 1
- Spicy Sausage Pasta | £4.00 , serves 1
- Garlic & Mozzarella Bread | £2.00, 10” Sharing
- Prosciutto Crudo & Mozzarella | £5.00 12”
- Salami Picante With Mozzarella Pearls | £5.00, 12”
- Quattro Formaggi | £5.00, 12”
- Margherita | £5.00, 12”
- Tomato & Basil Sauce | £2,50, Vegan and Gluten Free
- Tomato & Mascarpone Sauce | £2.50, Gluten Free
- Rocket and Parmigiano Ravioli | £2.80
- Porcini and Truffle Mezzelune | £2.80
- Tomato, Buratta and Basil Girasoli | £2.80