British lifestyle and design brand Cath Kidston has just released a new Shopper bag featuring a collection of new, limited-edition, hand-drawn prints designed especially for this range. The prints are a mix of heritage paper bag stripes, houndstooth checks, chintz-inspired florals and a pop print. A 20% donation from each bag will go towards supporting The Prince’s Trust Women Supporting Women Initiative.
‘The Shopper’ is a new range of no-nonsense reusable carrier bags with a super-smart twist. Made from Tyvek, the new bags are tough, light and water-resistant, yet crease and fold perfectly, retailing at £18. The recyclable, paper-like material is both super light and surprisingly strong – a bag for real life.
For every Shopper sold, Cath Kidston will be donating 20% to support The Prince’s Trust Women Supporting Women initiative, which aims to change the lives of 10,000 young women within 5 years. Their vision is simple – every young person should have the chance of success, the chance to transform their lives by developing the confidence and skills they need to live, learn and earn.
The new, hand-drawn prints have taken inspiration from Cath Kidston’s brand heritage and vintage florals, turning them into something modern and fun. The available prints include:
- Pop Print: Adding a burst of energy into the mix, with pen and ink outline hand coloured in pinks, oranges and browns. Inspired by Jimi Hendrix’s wardrobe.
- Morning Glory: We came across some wonderful floral watercolours so with its beautiful blue colouring and trailing leaves it felt like a must to include in the story.
- Oak Leaves: What could be more English than an Oak! We love the shape of the leaves and drew this up with a pen and ink outline to give it a slightly graphic feel. The leaves are painted in contrasting shades of green with mustard yellow acorns to set off the colours.
- Paper Bag Stripe – Red: In the early days Cath Kidston’s parcels were all sent out in a red and white livery stripe. In a nod to Cath Kidston’s heritage this has been recreated in a tidy, hand-painted finish. We love that it’s such a classic pattern for a shopping bag on the innovative Tyvek base.
- Paper Bag Stripe – Blue: Our heritage stripe has also been recoloured in a deep navy, for a fresh, wearable palette.
- Houndstooth – Yellow: Taking the houndstooth classic pattern and painting a version by hand to give it a special twist. In a bold scale it prints beautifully on the Tyvek fabric with its stiff creases and folds, coloured up in an English mustard yellow
- Houndstooth – Green: Our houndstooth also comes in a bottle green.
- Fuschia: We love the antique fuschia prints we have come across over the years so wanted to add one to the story. It’s a hand-painted design with fresh colours.
The Shopper is now available to buy here.