Leading businessman and TV personality Touker Suleyman is to lead a stellar judging line-up for the Startups Awards 2015.
Recognised as the most prestigious national awards scheme for up and coming businesses, the Startups Awards has commanded its strongest judging panel to date for 2015 with Dragon Suleyman at the helm, alongside a host of Britain’s finest business minds.
Joining Suleyman in assessing this year’s entries is a trio of MBEs: household name and much-loved British designer Cath Kidston MBE, Divine Chocolate founder Sophi Tranchell MBE and notonthehighstreet.com co-founder Holly Tucker MBE in assessing this year’s entries.
Sponsored by the UK’s favourite business insurance broker Simply Business and organised by Startups.co.uk, the number one website for start-ups and small businesses, the Awards recognise the success of Britain’s newest businesses which have been trading for four years or less.
With entries rolling in from start-ups up and down the country, hoping to claim one of the 15 awards up for grabs, this year’s judges are facing plenty of tough decisions.
David Lester, founder of Startups.co.uk, comments: “The start-up industry in the UK is thriving, which is already being reflected in the high quality of entries we are receiving.
“I believe this year’s Awards will be our biggest and best yet. With such high calibre judges on board, I am certain that our entrants will be putting their best face forward – and I for one can’t wait to celebrate their success!”
The judging line-up also includes:
• Simon Franks, co-founder, LOVEFiLM and chairman, Redbus and Franks Family Foundation
• Jon Wright, co-founder, Innocent Drinks and Jam Jar Investments
• David Buttress, CEO, JUST EAT
• Divinia Knowles, president and CFO, Mind Candy
• Nick Wheeler, founder, Charles Tyrwhitt
• Henry Faure-Walker, CEO, Newsquest
• Mark Pearson, founder, MyVoucherCodes.co.uk
• Elizabeth Varley, co-founder and CEO, TechHub
• Andrew Haigh, executive director, client propositions, Coutts & Co
• App of the Year
• Tech Business of the Year – sponsored by Nominet
• Innovative Business of the Year – sponsored by RBS
• Franchisee of the Year
• Service Business of the Year – sponsored by Big Red Cloud
• Product Business of the Year
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year – sponsored by The Made Simple Group
• Venture Funded Business of the Year – sponsored by haysmacintyre
• Lean Start-up of the Year
• Crowdfunded Business of the Year
• Women in Business Award
• Export Business of the Year – sponsored by Experian
• Retail Business of the Year
• People’s Champion (voted for by the public)
• Simply Business Startups Business of the Year Award – sponsored by Simply Business