Farmison & Co, the sustainable online meat retailer, today confirmed sales of its festive fare were running at twice the level of 2020 after the range was unveiled online.
And it revealed it had opened up twice as many Christmas delivery slots as 2020 to meet demand.
Farmison & Co has been expecting a significant seasonal spike in sales driven by increased demand for quality, taste and provenance and the warnings from supermarkets that supplies could be patchy because of current logistics problems.
With local sourcing from hand-picked farms across Yorkshire and the north of England, Farmison & Co’s hyper-short field-to-fork supply lines will help minimise the risk of Christmas table disappointment for its customers.
Demand is also expected to be boosted by families celebrating two Christmases-in-one after the disruption of 2020.
Farmison & Co’s Christmas meat range has been hand-picked to be the talk of the table, catering to all tastes and appetites, and bring the comforts of Christmas dinner direct to customers’ doors.
And customers – who’ve doubled in numbers over the past 18 months – know trusting their Christmas table to Farmison & Co means backing British farmers who do things the right way, taking care of the countryside and taking pride in their craft.
All of Farmison & Co’s Christmas range will be delivered between 19-23 December and is guaranteed to stay fresh until Boxing Day.
- For when one bird isn’t enough, Farmison & Co has reinvented the three-bird roast and put it back on the menu – no turkey, but goose, duck and pheasant make up this magnificent roasting joint.
- In-house Michelin-star chef Jeff Baker has developed new stuffings and flavours for the beef roasting joints that were a sell-out in 2020. New options for 2021 include fillet barrel with béarnaise butter, butcher tied sirloin of beef studded with black garlic and beef fore rib with mustard, bone marrow & parsley.
- There’s a new wild venison and caramelised onion cocktail sausage and handmade duck koftas in the trimmings range building on last-year’s best-selling aromatic duck & plum cocktail sausages.
- Traditionally, mutton was the go-to Christmas meat for Victorians – and after last year’s success that saw a five-fold increase in sales, this traditional meat is back on the menu.
- Beef Wellingtons have seen strong growth – so this year, they have their own category, and the range has trebled in size. Key lines include the luxury wellington, the venison wellington, the free-range pork wellington and the individual wellington, so even smaller tables can enjoy them.
- And there’s an ultimate pack of pigs-in-blankets in three flavours – traditional, award-winners, and a new Christmas flavour – smoked bacon & winter fruits.
Farmison & Co’s full range is now available to order at www.farmison.com/christmas and includes traditional favourites such as award-winning, free-range British turkeys to chef-prepared table-talking points such as an easy carve wild venison saddle with cognac fruits.
John Pallagi, Farmison & co founder and CEO said: “With dedicated farms, short supply lines and complete control over getting produce from field-to-fork, our business is built for times of disruption.
“We were there for customers during lockdown, and we’ll be doing everything we can to be here for them this Christmas – more delivery slots, a wider range and even more inspiration for the centrepiece of families’ festive feast.”
Farmison & Co was recently awarded the coveted title of Online Butcher of the Year award for the third time in 2020. Last month it was also named as one of Yorkshire’s top Butchers in the Countryside Alliance’s Rural Oscars.