FMV is delighted to announce the addition of a new Italian agency to its portfolio. Family-owned Mastroberardino joins an already stellar line-up of Italian producers, including Giovanni Rosso, Luciano Sandrone, Monte Bernardi and Lis Neris.
Campania’s most renowned winery, Mastroberardino was founded in 1750 by Pietro di Mastro Berardino. Over the past 10 generations of Mastroberardino family winemakers the focus has been on sourcing and resuscitating native grape varieties such as Aglianico, Fiano, Piedirosso, Greco, Falanghina and Coda di Volpe.
Wine Buyer Davy Zyw comments: “We are thrilled to be adding Campania’s most celebrated winery Mastroberardino to our portfolio. Mastroberardino is one of the most historic and influential wine dynasties in Italy and has done so much for the reputation of Italian wine and the guardianship of some of the country’s most loved native varieties. Our sales team will be hand selling the extensive range of wines; focusing on the premiumisation of Campania’s most expressive wines, whilst offering our customers value at a range of price points.”
Piero Mastroberardino, chairman and CEO of Mastroberardino adds; “The combination of its reputation for quality producers as well as the focus on family-owned wineries makes FMV a natural choice for Mastroberardino. Together we will work on specific activations and communications in order to steadily build the Mastroberardino brand here in the UK.”
Wines from Mastroberardino are available now through FMV.
- V4527B 2017 Mastro Greco, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4528B 2017 Mastro Aglianico, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4520B 2011 Radici, Taurasi, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4519B 1998 Radici, Taurasi, Riserva, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4524B 2017 Mastro Rosso, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4522B 2017 Morabianca, Irpinia Falanghina, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4521B 2017 Novaserra, Greco di Tufo, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4523B 2016 Redimore, Irpinia Aglianico, Mastroberardino, Campania
- V4529B 2017 Mastro Bianco, Mastroberardino, Campania
FMV (Fields, Morris & Verdin) is the trade arm of Berry Bros. & Rudd, Britain’s oldest wine and spirits merchant, importing and distributing wines and spirits across the UK.