Hammerson today announces that the world famous LEGO Group is to open two new stores in its flagship destinations – Bullring in Birmingham and Westquay in Southampton. These will be The LEGO Groups only new UK stores this year, with doors opening ahead of the Christmas shopping season.
The stores will stock the widest selection of the latest LEGO sets, such as LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down and LEGO Creator Expert Harley Davidson Fatboy. Customers can also expect to be treated to a variety of interactive play and event experiences, including:
· Brick Specialists – help find shoppers a unique set that’s the perfect fit
· Pick & Build Wall – choose the bricks and elements you want in all different shapes and colours; Grab a cup and fill it up with whatever pieces you choose
· Digital Box – here you can scan almost any boxed LEGO set and see the model come to life in 3D
· Hands-on play opportunities, including free build challenges every month
· Build a Mini figure Tower: mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories and customize mini figures
The new stores will also offer additional benefits for LEGO VIP members including exclusive VIP gifts with purchase and double-points events.
Alison Wood, LEGO Stores UK, Benelux & Scandinavia District senior manager, said: “Builders of all ages can visit and be inspired by the endless play opportunities inside our new LEGO stores in Birmingham and Southampton. Whether you’re 1 or 100 there is something for you to get excited about. Both Bullring and Westquay are top-tier shopping destinations and are engaging environments for visitors, and a perfect fit for our current store portfolio.”
Kate Orwin, UK leasing director at Hammerson, said: “It speaks volumes about the strength of our catchments, our ability to continue to attract the right shopper basae, and the quality of our venues that we have secured the only two LEGO stores due to open in the UK this year. These stores promise to be innovative, interactive and engaging, which is exactly the kind of experience we want to offer customers.”
These LEGO Stores are a great addition to the retail mix at both Bullring & Grand Central and Westquay, which have already seen a number of exciting new openings in 2019, including Kitty Café and Slim Chickens at Bullring & Grand Central, and Tommy Hilfiger at Westquay.
Both destinations saw an uptick in footfall during the month of June, with Bullring & Grand Central welcoming over three million visitors, whilst Westquay saw more that 1.4 million people pass through its doors.