Hobbycraft today announces that it will re-open its 90 stores across England and Northern Ireland from the 15 June, following the change in government guidelines and the easing of lockdown restrictions
The safety and wellbeing of Hobbycraft’s colleagues, customers and communities remains the top priority and all stores will re-open in line with government guidelines, with social distancing and extensive safety measures. These include:
- A queue management system outside all stores with two metre social distancing markers
- A dedicated “door monitor” to manage entry
- A limited number of customers allowed in stores at any time and Hobbycraft will operate with one customer per aisle
- Two metre social distancing markers throughout the store
- Every store will have a ‘sanitisation point’ on entry where customers will be able to clean hands, baskets and trolley handles
- Checkout colleagues will be screened and appropriately spaced
- Customers are recommended to make contactless card payments – and the limit has been increased to £45
- All colleagues will be supplied with PPE including face visors, masks and gloves and all colleague areas will have upweighted cleaning regimes and social distancing measures and markers
- Every store will have a full risk assessment carried out prior to opening and this will be published for the public to see
To see how social distancing is being implemented in its stores the retailer has created a video for customers which will be sent out ahead of time via email and hosted on its website.
Since the closure of its store, Hobbycraft has continued to support its communities with help, advice and inspiration creating and hosting a Daily Kids’ Craft Club and #CraftTogether programme across its social media channels. The retailer has also provided products directly to NHS and front lines workers making their own PPE, as well as community groups and charities making and creating for their local communities.
Dominic Jordan, CEO at Hobbycraft, comments: “Our stores have always been a social centre of the community and after what has been a challenging period, we are delighted to be reopening and welcoming our customers back into stores.
“The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers is of the upmost importance and in line with Government guidelines we have implemented social distancing measures and up-weighted health & safety measures to ensure everyone feels safe while visiting us.”