HP today expanded its market-leading retail solutions portfolio with point-of-sale (POS) systems designed to maximise space and increase efficiency for smoother business operations.
- The new HP RP2 All-In-One (AIO) features a small footprint, combined with flexible mounting options to help boost employee productivity
- The updated high-performance HP RP5, Model 5810, provides businesses with the flexibility to seamlessly control everything from the store floor to the back office, with performance capabilities to handle even the most demanding environments
“In today’s dynamic marketplace, flexibility and reliability are critical for retailers and hospitality operators to meet the needs of their customers,” said Ori Bergman, director, Commercial and Retail Solutions, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP EMEA. “The RP2 and RP5 deliver performance and functionality while being designed to withstand harsh retail and hospitality environments.”
All-in-One design, reliable performance
Key features of the HP RP2 include:
- Compact design: the 14-inch (35.6 cm) diagonal HP RP2 helps increase the quality and speed of customer service with seamless touch capabilities packed into a compact AIO solution that fits a range of workspaces
- High performance at an affordable price: Get consistent performance in demanding environments with robust, Quad-Core Intel processors
- Trusted and reliable: the IP54-qualified, sealed, fanless design of the HP RP2 prevents dust, liquid spills and splashes from entering the system. It is also backed by HP’s three-year limited warranty
- Customisation options: the HP RP2 gives business owners the ability to tailor the system with a choice of operating system and resistive- or capacitive-touch technology best suited to their unique environment as well as an expanded portfolio of configurable peripherals
“Next-generation POS platforms must deliver the right mix of design, flexibility, reliability and value,” said Scott Langdoc, partner and chief strategist at RetailCENTRIC. “The HP RP2 comes to market with excellent performance and impressive engineering advances, delivered by a global technology player that really understands this industry and its drive toward new customer point-of-engagement strategies.”
Powerful performance, multi-purpose capabilities
The HP RP5 has had a long history of success in both retail and hospitality, with well over one million units deployed worldwide. The updated version, Model 5810, offers simple, low-cost management and security features that help protect customer data. Key features include:
- Powerful performance: A choice of operating systems, fourth-generation Intel Core processors, up to 32 GB RAM and expansive storage options mean the HP RP5 can deliver high performance in the most demanding environments
- Customization and flexibility: Businesses can tailor the HP RP5 for greater productivity with a variety of connectivity options to support a broad range of peripherals and expansion add-ons
- Security and manageability: The HP RP5 reduces the complexity and costs often associated with managing a POS solution with easy built-in features
- Trusted reliability: The HP RP5 offers a five-year product manufacturing life cycle and is backed by HP’s three-year limited warranty
“By utilising the HP RP5 Retail System and its long life cycle, we achieved great total cost of ownership and efficiencies for smoother business operations,” said Malik Murad Ali, chief information officer at Mydin, a Malaysian chain of hypermarket, supermarket, emporiums and minimarkets.
“After success with the RP5, we incorporated many other HP retail solutions and will be utilising the new RP5 5810 to accelerate the transformation of our next generation retail business to providing the best value, and wide assortment of goods.”
“StatOil values business partnerships that offer uncompromised dedication to help us consistently meet the needs of our customers,” said Arkadiusz Kobuszewski, task manager, Site Equipment IT Operations at StatOil, a Norway-based integrated oil and gas company with a presence in more than 30 countries. “The updated RP5 5810 complements our strong HP partnership by providing a reliable, globally available platform we can count on.”
The HP RP2 is expected to be available worldwide in July, and the HP RP5 is now available worldwide. Pricing available on request.