Hunter has recorded its biggest ever e-commerce days, achieving £1m in sales on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The brand reported:
- Black Friday sales up 32% from 2017 globally, with Cyber Monday sales up 33%;
- Full eight-day sales up a record 38%, driven by outstanding e-commerce trade particularly in the US which handled over 80% of global growth;
- Non-footwear accounted for 20% of total sales, reflecting the continued growth of apparel and bags, a key strategic priority for the brand;
- Full price items performed robustly, up 55% from last year, accounting for 34% of total global sales and 41% in the US;
- In the three weeks prior to Cyber Week, overall sales were up 30% year on year;
- Hunter continues to experience year-on-year growth in all channels thus far in 2018.
Vincent Wauters, chief executive officer, commented: “This year’s Cyber Week sales represents an important milestone in the history of the company and the execution of our plans. We are seeing continued growth and high demand across all channels. Our e-commerce trade is thriving, having enhanced our online shopping experience, and our non-footwear trade and multi-category mix continue to deliver significant growth. We are delighted that we also saw a significant increase in demand for full price product both prior and during this period, famous for significant discounting. This demonstrates to us quite clearly that demand for the Hunter brand is incredibly strong.”