Upmarket instant noodle brand, Kabuto Noodles, has expanded its product portfolio by launching gluten free rice noodles.
The noodles will be sold in Ocado and Wholefoods from the 12 May 2014 and will be available in both Chicken and Miso varieties. The gluten free range will offer the same delicious, authentic tasting ingredients that have proved so popular in the existing Kabuto Noodles range.
- It is estimated 1% of adults in the UK are diagnosed with coeliac disease, and 20% of the population report that they are gluten intolerant, or chose to eat gluten free foods for general health reasons
- Demand for gluten-free has grown by continued coverage in the press of successful sports stars and celebrities embracing the move towards lifestyles with less gluten, with Victoria Beckham, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Novak Djokovic all following gluten free diets
- Kabuto Noodles is currently the fastest growing instant pot snack, with turnover increasing from £700,000 to £1.5m this year, and climbing from the 20th to the 10th biggest brand in the sector
- The expansion into the free-from market follows an incredible year for Kabuto Noodles; with 464% value sales increase over the last twelve months, and ambitious growth plans for the year ahead continuing to double in size year on year
- The latest research from Mintel shows the instant pot snack market continues to grow at a rapid rate, with Brits spending £450,000 a day on potted pasta and noodles, up nearly a third since 2011
- The new rice noodles will be available in Ocado and Wholefoods from 12 May 2014 RRP £1.99-£2.50
Kabuto Noodles founder, Crispin Busk, said: “As the first upmarket noodle brand in the UK, innovation is an important part of our business. Recently, lots of people have asked about gluten free options; it really isn’t easy to find a quick, convenient and filling lunch that tastes great but is also gluten free! With more and more people looking to cut down on gluten, it seemed like a logical step for us to take
“We’re really excited about our new rice noodles. They’re a great addition to the range, without compromising on taste and quality. By sticking with our approach of never using additives or preservatives, just real ingredients, we’ve managed to create a great tasting range of rice noodles inspired by authentic Asian recipes. We can’t wait to hear what our fans think of them.”