Belvoir Fruit Farms is broadening its range by introducing family friendly premium cordials made with 100% natural ingredients, but in traditional simpler flavours and in bigger value for money 750ml bottles. Belvoir Natural Blackcurrant Cordial and Belvoir Natural Orange Cordial will be available in Grocery from mid-May, offering retailers a premium family product to bridge the quality gap between mainstream dilutes and super premium cordials. These new family friendly cordials have all the natural credentials associated with Belvoir along with price tags targeted at everyday family consumption.
By filling the gap with a premium but value for money cordial, Belvoir can target and satisfy three specific shopper groups:
- New shoppers to the cordial category including families, and existing shoppers looking for 100% natural drinks
- Existing cordial shoppers who could be encouraged to purchase more often with alternative flavours and formats
- Existing squash buyers who would be interested in trading up into a credible, affordable premium offering and who then might even trade up again to the super premium cordial category
Current flavours in the premium cordials fixture are very adult-focussed and don’t represent the simpler, most popular flavours in the wider dilutes category of which orange and blackcurrant based flavours account for over half.
New Belvoir Natural Blackcurrant Cordial and Belvoir Natural Orange Cordial both contain 100% natural ingredients and, like all Belvoir drinks, have no artificial sweeteners, preservatives or flavourings.
- The Natural Blackcurrant Cordial is a vitamin C powerhouse made with over 50% real fruit juice from luscious dark purple blackcurrants resulting in a full and delicious summery taste of sweet blackcurrants with a clean refreshing finish.
- The Natural Orange Cordial is bursting full of fruity goodness made with over 50% real fruit juice. A subtle combination of the best naturally sweet & tangy orange juices, with a touch of lemon juice, creating a refreshing cordial with the natural sweetness of perfectly ripe oranges but with a clean crisp finish.
Both varieties come in family friendly 750ml recyclable glass bottles and with a recommended dilution ratio of 1:8 making 27 (250ml) glasses. This not only makes them the best value for money in terms of servings per bottle on the market – 50% more servings than leading competitor orange and blackcurrant squash brands based on 250ml servings – but they can also claim the highest juice content.
The launch of the new Natural Cordials will be well supported by social media activity and sampling at key consumer events including Belvoir’s own branded Sip & Dip Pool Party events in July. Check out www.sipanddip.co.uk.
Pev Manners, MD for Belvoir Fruit Farms said: “We are known for our super premium Cordial and Pressé ranges. Both are designed for an adult audience with a more sophisticated palate. They are priced to reflect this fact and the ingredients with which they are made, making them more of an ‘occasion’ drink.
“However, we feel that drinks made with honest natural ingredients should be more widely available to other audiences and occasions. Our new Natural Blackcurrant and Orange Cordials will appeal to families seeking simple, value-for-money everyday refreshment, but which are 100% natural and free of any artificial sweeteners, flavourings, colourings or preservatives. We really believe that these Cordials satisfy a genuine need in the market.”
Belvoir’s New Natural Orange Cordial and New Natural Blackcurrant Cordial retail for around £3.89.