Snap Inc has launched the next phase of e-commerce advertising on Snapchat.
This will see four advancements available globally:
- Introducing Shoppable Snap Ads – testing since June, this new, made-for-commerce format is available in October for all advertisers in Ads Manager.
- Introducing Product Catalogues – advertisers can leverage their existing product feeds to help scale and automate ad creation for Snapchat campaigns.
- Advanced Pixel Targeting – advertisers can create audiences based on more specific actions that visitors take on their site, such as when they browse certain product categories (like shoes), instead of any part of their site.
- 40+ new Snapchat Partners – performance agencies certified by Snap to help advertisers succeed with e-commerce, direct response, and data-driven performance marketing.
This new phase of advertising follows from the launch of Snapchat’s advanced performance marketing suite in June, which had some fantastic results – their direct response ads (e-commerce and app install) are now driving powerful results for businesses of all sizes.
It has also seen success with native commerce shoe drops on Snapchat: Nike’s Jordan brand won five prestigious Cannes Lions awards for theirs, and Adidas recently sold out.
Shoppable Snap Ads are now available to any advertiser through Snapchat’s self-serve buying tool. This new, made-for-commerce format allows a brand to feature a collection of products on their Snap Ad, where users can tap directly to the product details.
Initial testing has shown exceedingly strong performance for some of the world’s biggest brands:
- eBay saw a 5x higher engagement rate with Shoppable Snap Ads compared to standard Snap Ads featuring the same products.
- Major online retailer Wish.com saw a 17x higher engagement rate with Shoppable Snap Ads compared to standard Snap Ads featuring the same products
- Clothing brand Guess saw a 4.1x higher engagement rate with Shoppable Snap Ads compared to standard Snap Ads featuring the same products
Introducing Product Catalogs – advertisers can import their existing product feeds to Snapchat’s platform. Product feeds are files, often spreadsheets, that contain all the relevant product information for items they sell on their website, such as image, price, color etc. This ‘library’ of assets can be used automatically create a number of Product Ads – Story Ads, Snap Ads and the new Shoppable Snap Ads – through brand new templates in Ads Manager. This increases the speed of ad creation and allows advertisers to test and learn more rapidly.
Advanced Pixel Targeting – using the Snap Pixel, advertisers can create more customized audiences from the actions users take on their site, such as browsing certain product categories like shoes or furniture. This will allow them to deliver more relevant ads to Snapchatters based on their unique shopping preferences.
Expanding ‘Snapchat Partners’ for commerce, DR, and performance advertisers – we’re adding over 30 new performance agency partners, certified to help with e-commerce, direct response, and data-driven advertising.
- This program recognizes and certifies industry-leading agencies that help advertisers with everything from pre-campaign strategy to creative execution.
- Some of our agency partners in the UK include: Miri Growth, Marketing VF and Nest Performance.
Stefan Cataldo, managing director & co-founder, Nest Performance: “The team at Nest Performance are proud to be one of Snapchat’s select few Certified Partners, it’s a very exciting channel for performance advertisers and we’ve seen some fantastic results for our gaming and e-commerce clients over the past year. We’re looking forward to further testing some of the platform’s new features, like Commerce Ads, that have been rolled out recently which will enable us to continue scaling our clients’ presence and exceed their business goals.”