OneView Commerce, a retail industry’s leader of digital transformation in the store, has announced its Digital Store Platform that digitises the store to deliver a more satisfying, engaging shopping experience for customers and optimizes workforce efficiency.
The defining power of the digital store platform is its ability to deliver multi-directional content to, from, and among online and physical stores, the company reports. This flow of cross-channel transaction data enables continuous engagement across all experiences to improve operations, generate more sales, deliver better service and reduce returns. The company demonstrated the platform and its advantages at the National Retail Federation show, 11-13 January in booth #1405.
“While e-commerce has grown rapidly over the last decade, the fact remains that 93% of retail transactions are still conducted in the store; making the in-store shopping experience and the value of transaction data essential elements of true cross-channel success,” said Linda Palanza, COO at OneView Commerce. “There’s a tremendous opportunity to merge digital and physical marketplaces, drive traffic to the store with a highly personalized shopping experience, and share store transaction information across the entire retail ecosystem (manufacturers, suppliers and other supply-chain partners) to improve cross-channel operations.”
According to industry leaders such as Forrester, the digital store has come of age. Already familiar with the power of mobile technology to compare prices online and in the aisle, research shows that 70% of shoppers feel personal engagement with a brand is important to them, but yet only 19% feel that sales assistants are the best resource for information. OneView’s comprehensive Digital Store Platform capitalizes on this premise, providing digital tools and real-time data to make sales staff more knowledgeable with far less training, feeding them customer preferences for targeted selling, and enabling them to provide better service more efficiently.
OneView claims its platform provides the following advantages:
- Expedited customer checkout due to line-busting alerts sent to sales assistants to ensure the right mix of service on the shop floor
- Optimized fitting room experience with mobile-equipped assistants able to provide continuous, interactive fitting room service from entry through one-click checkout upon exit
- Improved sales team efficiency and service with location-based alerts that send staff to help customers based on time spent in a product area or other defined needs
- Reduced returns with real-time store fit and conversion product information applied to how a product is sold online
- Continuous updates to digital displays based on sales, stock, or customer preferences powered by point of sale data
The Digital Store Platform comprises out-of-the box templates for POS, cross-channel, customer engagement, location services and content delivery, as well as plug-ins to third party solutions for analytics, loyalty, workforce optimization, device control and more. It connects all functionalities with a common set of data and as new digital store capabilities emerge, modular components are easily and quickly replaced. In addition, the platform is mobile- and device-enabled (tablets, wearables, beacons, chip and pin, scanners, etc.) to untether sales staff and empower optimized interaction with the customer anywhere and anytime.