Wrapp, the new social gifting company backed by Skype and LinkedIn founders Niklas Zennström and Reid Hoffman, has added 13 retailers to its portfolio in the UK, including House of Fraser.
Wrapp partners with retailers and media companies enabling users to send free gifts and gift cards to their Facebook friends from over 20 well-known brands. The partners span a variety of categories and cover everything from fashion and surf gear to music and wine. The 13 partners that recently joined Wrapp include:
- ACHICA — member’s only home and lifestyle store, dedicated to hand-sourcing desirable, luxury brands
- eFlorist — same day online florist
- Eventim — sells tickets for all the latest concerts, festivals, musicals, sports, theatre and tourist attractions in the UK and Europe
- Firebox — an online marketplace for gadgets, toys, games and other cool stuff
- Glamour — Britain’s number one women’s magazine
- Happy Socks — premium quality sock site
- Hotel Voucher Shop — hotel and short break gift site
- House of Fraser — one of the UK’s largest department stores
- Lipsy — Young British women’s fashion brand
- Nelly.com — online destination for fashion and beauty
- O’Neill — the original California surf, snow and lifestyle brand
- Schuh — Britain’s well known high-street and online shoe retailer
- Slurp — UK’s largest online wine retailer
Willem Haitink, CEO at O’Neill, said: “With over 650,000 fans, Facebook engagement is a huge focus for us and we are always looking for new social media marketing tools to connect with our consumers. We believe Wrapp offers an innovative, easy to use tool, which can help us achieve that.”
The expansion of Wrapp’s UK retailer portfolio builds upon its global growth. During the last seven months 300,000 active Wrapp users have given their Facebook friends over 2.2m free and paid gift cards that could be redeemed in stores operated by over 100 European and US retailers.
Hjalmar Winbladh, co-founder and CEO at Wrapp, said: “Consumers are super excited about all the new retailers coming on-board and are celebrating their friends by using gift cards from Wrapp on a daily basis.
“Retailers are starting to reap the benefits too. Many are being creative with Wrapp and using the gift cards to reward Facebook fans for their time and engagement – the ‘happy Friday’ promotions are working well. Retailers are also finding Wrapp’s data, which it makes anonymous, extremely useful because it helps them to understand the purchasing decisions of customers who receive gift cards online and visit physical stores to buy their goods.”