Spar is launching its second national Wine Festival across its 2,100 licensed UK stores, following a successful promotion in 2010.
From the 28 April 2011, Spar will be cutting the cost of popular wines from France and Australia by at least 25%. The offer features over 50 wines including:
- Spar’s Marquis Belrive Champagne (RRP £21.99*)
- Spar Chablis (RRP £10.99*)
- Spar Australian Reserve Chardonnay (RRP £5.99*)
- Spar Australian Reserve Shiraz (RRP £5.99*)
- Spar’s Chateau Henry de France (RRP £7.99*)
Spar’s wine trading controller, Xenia Irwin, said: “Following our first national Wine Festival last year, we are keen to build on its success and further delight our customers. We have a broad and exciting range of wines that offers excellent quality and value. It is an important opportunity for us to offer both modern and classic wines at all price points to suit our wide audience of wine lovers. We have also introduced a few new parcels to mark the occasion.”
Spar will also be participating in National Wine Month in May 2011 as sponsor in the convenience sector.
Irwin said: “As the only convenience retailer to be a sponsor of this year’s National Wine Month, we believe it shows our commitment to our wines and wine consumers and both the timings and aims of National Wine Month dovetail perfectly with our wine festival. We want to encourage our customers to explore our range and take advantage of these great offers.”
* The prices are subject to change following the budget as they are based on a predicted 5% duty increase.