Spar UK is aiming to increase its wine sales by 15% this year with the launch of its third annual Wine Festival in March 2012.
According to Spar, the in-store promotional campaign will build on the success of last year’s promotion when total own brand wine sales increased by 18.5%, promotional sales were up 38% and total core range sales grew by 11%.
During the 2012 promotional period, there will be 25% off selected wines of the world from Spar’s core wine range; running across 76 lines in total, including 18 Spar brand lines as well as 10 exclusive lines.
Spar’s wine trading manager, Charlie Craven, said: “The objectives for our third Wine Festival, are to increase sales by 15% on last year and increase awareness of our extensive wine range amongst new and existing customers.
“This year is particularly exciting, as we are launching some new lines of which we are particularly proud. We want to improve the quality perception and depth of our wine range and send out a strong, simple price message.
“The Wine Festival is a great opportunity to establish Spar’s reputation as a retailer that sells excellent quality wines at good value,” said Craven.
Some of the wines on offer include:
- Spar Gavi (Promotional price £5.99, RRP £6.99)
- La Catedral Rioja Rosado (Promotional price £4.99, RRP £6.69)
- South African Reserve Chenin Blanc (Promotional price £ 4.65, RRP £ 6.19)
- Spar’s Marquis Belrive Champagne (Promotional price £17.49, RRP £24.99)
- Spar Frascati, Spar Valpolicella, Spar Australian Reserve Chardonnay, Sprar Australian Reserve Shiraz and Spar South African Reserve Shiraz (all on offer at £4.65)
The launch of the Wine Festival 2012 will be supported by newly designed POS and PR support worth around £100,000, said Spar.
Tastings will also be set up with magazines and wine writers, and regional press competitions are planned.
The promotion is returning for Spar retailers nationally from 29 March until 23 May 2012.