Today Stella Artois unveils trade plans to mark its partnership with The Championships, Wimbledon, including limited edition packaging.
At the forefront of Stella Artois’ Wimbledon trade programme is its new limited edition packaging for both bottles and cans, including a premium white and red design wrap for its limited edition 660ml bottle to ensure stand out on shelf. Additional activity includes in-store limited edition Chalices ‘gift with purchase’ and engaging Wimbledon experiences at bars throughout the UK – further cementing Stella Artois as the premium lager for both tennis and beer lovers alike. The activity will support on and off trade customers in increasing footfall in the build up to, and throughout The Championships, Wimbledon.
The partnership is supported by a new 360 integrated marketing campaign that brings to life the shared humble beginnings of the iconic sporting event and leading beer brand.
“We are thrilled to mark our return as The Official Beer of The Championships, Wimbledon with a full range of on and off trade activity throughout the UK,” said Jess Markowski, head of trade marketing at Stella Artois. “This partnership gives us a unique opportunity to further enhance our distinct premium credentials. From our bold limited edition packaging and off-trade activations, to the variety of Wimbledon experiences we’re making available at bars around the country, we want to make Stella Artois the obvious choice for anyone enjoying this tournament, either when hosting a viewing party at home or watching a match together with friends in a bar.”
Additional details on Stella Artois Wimbledon activity:
LIMITED EDITION PACKAGING:
- All limited edition packs feature official The Championships, Wimbledon branding, reinforcing the brand’s status as official beer and cider sponsor.
- The bold new design features on both the 284ml and 330ml bottle and 440ml can format.
- A separate design was developed specifically for the 660ml bottle – boldly bringing to life Stella Artois’ new brand identity. The premium white and red design, which showcases a gold official Wimbledon logo and Stella Artois star, ensures the design stands out on shelf.
- Updates have also been made to all limited edition secondary packaging, with visual references to Wimbledon’s iconic logo and the official purple, white and green pantone. Additional visual cues on the bottle neck include the famous Wimbledon logo with the two crossed rackets.
- To drive stand-out on shelf in off-trade outlets throughout The Championships, limited edition Stella Artois packaging is available in stores from June. In addition, a differentiated and bold design has been applied to its 660ml bottle format to further celebrate the brand’s partnership with Wimbledon.
- In addition, retailer activations will feature visibility displays and limited edition gifts with purchase, alongside retailer specific competitions to win VIP tickets to Wimbledon.
- Jess Markowski, Head of Trade Marketing, said: “The activity surrounding The Championships will give retailers the opportunity to increase sales whilst also building Stella Artois’ association with Wimbledon and premium social drinking occasions.”
- The activity which kicked off this month includes promotions, limited edition Chalices, and experiential activity and is aimed at helping licensees increase sales throughout The Championships, Wimbledon.
- Stella Artois will bring a taste of Wimbledon to a selection of handpicked outlets across London. Bars including The Georgein London Bridge, Number 32 in Clapham, The Swan in Stockwell, the Hand and Racquet in Wimbledon, and the Golden Bee Rooftop in Shoreditch who will feature the intense action happening on court during The Championships on large outdoor TV screens – complete with grass and ivy.
- In the lead up to The Championships, Wimbledon, special ‘Peel to Reveal’ Wimbledon coasters will offer prizes including a spa weekend with lessons from a certified LTA tennis coach for two lucky winners and special edition Stella Artois Wimbledon branded merchandise for the runners up. For further information surrounding the promotions visit: http://wimbledonmandb.stellaartois.com/ http://wimbledonprizes.stellaartois.com
- To drive additional visibility and awareness, point of sale and limited edition Stella Artois Wimbledon Chalices will be available in the on-trade from June.