19 million Clubcard holders could save over £400 a year with the new Tesco loyalty subscription service, Clubcard Plus.
Customers will be able to get the best value out of their Tesco shop through savings and benefits across the Tesco family including groceries, F&F, Tesco Mobile, as well pet food, homeware and toys. Tesco Bank will also be joining the offering with additional benefits in the new year.
From Friday 8 November, Tesco Clubcard customers will be able to subscribe to the new Clubcard Plus which includes benefits across the whole of Tesco:
- 10% off two big shops up to £200 each, every month (exclusions apply)*
- 10% off customers’ favourite Tesco brands all the time: F&F, Fred & Flo, Go Cook, Fox & Ivy, Tesco Pet and Carousel
- Double data on a pay monthly contract every month for new and existing Tesco Mobile customers (Conditions Apply)
- Exclusive access to apply for a Tesco Bank credit card with no foreign exchange fees (apply from the new year)
This new service is available for only £7.99 a month and can be used in all UK Tesco stores. Taking into account the monthly subscription cost, customers who are taking advantage of the benefits could save over £400.
Alessandra Bellini, Tesco chief customer officer, said: “We know that our customers are always looking for ways to make their money go further. That’s why we’re launching Clubcard Plus – so that they can get better value on the products and services that matter most to them, throughout the whole year.”
And as another little help, Clubcard Plus will launch in time for customers to save money on their Christmas shopping, with the average UK family spending around twice their usual budget for groceries at Christmas.
While the benefits are great for the festive season, Clubcard Plus customers will be able to enjoy offers all year round including:
- 10% off two big shops up to £200 each, every month, (with savings of over £380 a year excluding subscription, on groceries alone, exclusions apply)
- A family with two young children spend on average £120 on nappies a month1 so can save £12 a month with 10% off Fred & Flo nappies
- A family of four with two school aged children spend on average £2002 a year on school uniform so can save £20 a year with 10% off F&F
- Pet owners spend on average £250 a year3 on dog food and treats so can save £25 a year as they get 10% off Tesco Pet
- If a couple spend £12665 with a credit card with a 2.75% foreign exchange fee, that’s nearly £35 on foreign exchange fees every holiday. If they have a Clubcard Plus Credit Card from Tesco Bank (available from the new year), there are no foreign exchange fees so that’s money towards a nice meal out
- Monthly data usage was up 25% year on year in 20184 so new and existing Tesco Mobile customers can get double data on a pay monthly contract every month. (Conditions Apply)
All of this is on top of the fantastic benefits of Clubcard that are free to all customers. Shoppers will still be able to get one point for every pound they spend and can continue to redeem them for money-off vouchers to spend either on their groceries or redeem with Tesco’s 150 Clubcard partners.
The easiest way for customers to access the Clubcard benefits is through the quick and easy to use Tesco Clubcard app, saving customers time and effort as well as money when they shop in-store. It takes just two minutes to join and customers can cancel any time.
To subscribe to Clubcard Plus, customers can visit www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard-plus from Friday 8 November.
Clubcard Plus follows the introduction of Clubcard Prices which launched earlier on in the year. Clubcard holders could pay between 15 and 50 per cent less on selected products as part of the supermarket’s Centenary celebrations. It was the first time that a major UK supermarket had offered lower prices to loyalty card holders.