French food brand Sodebo is launching its ready meal range PastaBox in the UK following success in Europe. It will be unveiled at IFE at Excel, London, 13-16 March 2011.
Key selling features of PastaBox are:
- A chilled, single-serve, fresh pasta meal in a microwaveable pot
- It can be microwaved in two minutes and includes freshly made pasta
- It is available in four flavours: Penne Bolognese (300g), Penne Carbonara (300g), Fusilli with Italian Cheese (300g), Tortellini with Spinach & Ricotta (280g)
- It is designed to eat straight from the pot using the fork contained in the pack, while the packaging allows it to be safely hand held
- It meets the need for current consumer eating habits, a food designed to eat on the go: ideal at home or work
Sodebo launched PastaBox in France in May 2009 and reports it is now a leading brand across seven of Europe’s major markets with sales exceeding 500,000 units per week and still rising.
The single serve ready meals market has been relatively static in recent years but Sodebo says PastaBox has fueled 50% market grow in major multiples over the last 12 months.
Since launch, PastaBox has taken a 7.1% share of the single serve ready meals market in major multiples and a distribution rate of 86% of the French retail (source : IRI, Value MAT 09/01/2011).
It has been rolled out into foodservice, as well as retail, and is sold through rail networks, airports and major European hotel chains plus contract catering venues.