Retailers should embrace events such as Halloween and bonfire night in a similar way to Christmas, according to leading point-of-sale expert, UK POS.
According to the company, these events are becoming increasingly important in the economic climate and leading retailers report sales worth more than £50m at Halloween, for example.
UK POS offers retailers its top tips on preparing for Halloween and boosting sales:
- Dedicated seasonal aisles and promotional items have become a permanent fixture in stores with Halloween being one of the most eagerly awaited dates in the calendar
- It is becoming increasingly difficult to generate sales and seasonal promotions are proving to be a successful way to encourage people to spend money
- UK POS recommends its most popular Halloween products; the Wobbler for Data Strips is made of clear PVC and securely fits onto shelf edges
- For those Halloween sweets, the Hang Strip or easy to assemble Impulse Bin is the perfect choice
- Pavement Signs are ideal for promoting offers outdoors and enticing customers off the street and driving footfall