This September, Westfield London welcomes a pioneering new space, set to shake up the pet industry. With Urban Mutts – the UK’s first Dog Club & Hotel – the centre continues to create the newest and most unique services for shoppers. Welcoming dogs from across the capital, as well as further afield, this new space brings together the country’s top canine nutritionists, vets, groomers, trainers and behavioural experts.
Urban Mutts has been founded by businessman Greg Hands, and celebrity Dog Jogger Barry Karacostas, whose A-list clients include David Gandy (above at the opening), Elle Macpherson and Strictly’s Karen Hauer.
Raising the bar on current pet standards, Urban Mutts is designed to enhance every aspect of dogs’ physical and emotional wellbeing. The bespoke-built, state-of-the-art Day Club, Hotel and Boutique provide the solution for London’s busy urban pet parents, giving their best friends the chance to stay for a few hours, a day or an extended staycation. So, whether owners are on holiday, in the office or taking a break from their busy work-from-home schedule, they can relax, safe in the knowledge their dogs are cared for in the best possible way.
Complete with bold interior design and a bespoke street art mural, Urban Mutts also features 18 cosy Sleep Huts, with heating and cooling systems, LED mood lighting, chill-out vibes and room service delivery of dogs’ favourite food. Supervised socialisation sessions led by highly-trained Pack Leaders will take place in the indoor-to-outdoor Social Club. Here, the high-tech floating floor is made of paw-friendly, soft compound and hospital grade material for when guests want to mingle.
In addition to its boarding services, Urban Mutts features:
- The UK’s top canine experts: The UK’s best nutritionists, vets and canine guests experts, in everything from Reiki to Acupuncture and Mutt Massage.
- Walks & Dog Jogs: Like having their own personal canine trainer, one-hour, on and off-the-lead walks and runs give each breed just the right workout.
- The Mutt Skool: Top-up training by expert trainers allows visitors to swat up on their favourite commands, so they’re always well-behaved.
- Grooming Spa: From a speedy Wash ‘n Go to a No-Scratch Nail Clip, the Spa features pet-friendly, planet-friendly products alongside the latest high-tech hydro baths and extra-quiet dryers, for dogs who love a little self-care.
- Pet Parent Advice: Urban Mutts is always on-hand for some advice – from seeking your first dog to the best possible food, training and socialisation methods.
- Pet Product Boutique: The best beds, collars, leads, coats and food – to keep dogs as happy as they are stylish.
- Modern Design: The Club is sealed against pollution, and all heating, ventilation and air filtration all meet the highest possible standards. The glass viewing platform means that owners can always see Pack Leaders proudly taking the best possible care of their dog.
General manager for Westfield London, Jacinta Rowsell, says “We are so excited to officially welcome Urban Mutts to our centre following our work with Barry, Greg and the team last Christmas for our pop-up doggy day care service, Merry Mutts Motel. Not only do our centres provide a unique and luxury experience for our shoppers, but now we are able to provide a VIP experience to furry friends too. With more people owning pets than ever before, we’re pleased to be able to offer such a one-off service to help the community.”
Founder of Urban Mutts, Barry Karacostas, says: “Having long been passionate about dogs, I wanted to create something that revolutionised the pet boarding industry. Urban Mutts unites the UK’s top canine experts with an innovative design, to better all aspects of dogs’ wellbeing. Westfield London is the perfect destination for Urban Mutts, thanks to the centre’s commitment to delivering exceptional services for customers. Now, we can pass this on to their beloved canine friends as well.”
To book your dog in for a stay, contact Urban Mutts’ Canine Concierges on 0203 883 7597 or send a booking request online at www.urbanmuttshotels.com to secure their spot. For more information on the partnership, please visit https://uk.westfield.com/london.
Urban Mutts can be found just below the Atrium at Westfield London. Head to Lift Lobby 2 to go down to floor -1 to find the space, or visit Car Park A if travelling by car.